Old May 8th, 2008, 01:57 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

kimbalaya is on a distinguished road
Default WG602 and static IP address?

I just received the WG602 I ordered the other day and found in the instructions that it tells me to configure my PC with a specific static IP address.

My problem is, I am already on a Netgear ProSafe VPN firewall / router, set up by the company I do medical billing through. They have me already on a static IP address, and it's a different address than the Wi-Fi wants.

What can I do?
Old May 8th, 2008, 02:56 PM
NETGEAR Expert

hansn is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WG602 and static IP address?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbalaya View Post
I just received the WG602 I ordered the other day and found in the instructions that it tells me to configure my PC with a specific static IP address.

My problem is, I am already on a Netgear ProSafe VPN firewall / router, set up by the company I do medical billing through. They have me already on a static IP address, and it's a different address than the Wi-Fi wants.

What can I do?
At first record all the pcs IP-settings, so that you can go back to the original
well working configuration.
Now You have to configure your pc-ip for some minutes to match the wg602-subnet. Then you can enter the wg602-config and adapt there the ip-settings to match (and not conflict!) with your mainrouter. Setup the wireless with wpa-encryption too. Do this all wired to the wg602.
Now put your pc back to its original settings and configure the pc-wlan-settings.

Maybe you will run in a situation, where the wirelessconnection works fine with internetbrowsing, but your (vpn-?)connection to the company won't work. In this case I think you will need a technician who has setup your mainrouter with all the securitysettings (e.g. mac-address-related security...).

Hans N.