Old August 28th, 2008, 04:51 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

cognitive77 is on a distinguished road
Default Router won't let me access one site I frequent.

So yeah...narrowed this down to a router issue. So I've been going to this site (www.rue-morgue.com) for years now, using the WGR614 router. I'm not having any other issues that I know of, but starting two days ago, I've been unable to view any content on this site or its forum (www.rue-morgue.com/boards).

If I bypass the router, I can pull up the pages with content. Otherwise I'd get a blank page (no error codes, nothing). So I update my firmware thinking that could be an issue (sometimes when I would try to access a forum, Firefox would try to download the link as a .php file). Anyways, update the firmware, and at least now I get an error message.

"Connection Interrupted

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again."

I've tried with IE...no luck. Tried with the wifes laptop...no luck.

What would cause my router to block just one site?
Old August 29th, 2008, 08:27 AM
NETGEAR Addict

GLaDOS is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Router won't let me access one site I frequent.

Definitely the router is not intentionally blocking one site.
that router can't do it, not intentionally. How old is the router? It's probably time to replace anyway.
Other than replacing, you haven't mentioned if you can access the site when connecting to the modem. Maybe they're blocking you? Maybe their site is slow, or acting up?
I can only recommend to try to apply the most current firmware release to the device. If that doesn't help, your router probably has croaked.

"Stop squirming and die like an adult, or I'm going to delete your backup. STOP! Okay, enough, I deleted it. No matter what happens now, you're dead. You're still shuffling around a little, but believe me, you're dead. The part of you that could have survived indefinitely is gone. I just struck you from the permanent record."
Old August 29th, 2008, 08:33 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLaDOS View Post
Definitely the router is not intentionally blocking one site.
that router can't do it, not intentionally. How old is the router? It's probably time to replace anyway.
Other than replacing, you haven't mentioned if you can access the site when connecting to the modem. Maybe they're blocking you? Maybe their site is slow, or acting up?
I can only recommend to try to apply the most current firmware release to the device. If that doesn't help, your router probably has croaked.
The router was bought back in March of 2008. And, as previously mentioned, I can access the site if I bypass the router and go straight through the modem. Also, I have updated the latest firmware and the problem still exists.
Old August 29th, 2008, 08:38 AM
NETGEAR Addict

K I think you need to read your post again, because you clearly didn't mention that. And does this router have a serial number on it? and where did you buy it from?

"Stop squirming and die like an adult, or I'm going to delete your backup. STOP! Okay, enough, I deleted it. No matter what happens now, you're dead. You're still shuffling around a little, but believe me, you're dead. The part of you that could have survived indefinitely is gone. I just struck you from the permanent record."
Old August 29th, 2008, 08:42 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLaDOS View Post
K I think you need to read your post again, because you clearly didn't mention that. And does this router have a serial number on it? and where did you buy it from?
Sorry about that...must be losing my mind. The router does have a serial number (1SV1817U038F8) and was bought from Staples.
Old August 29th, 2008, 08:43 AM
NETGEAR Addict

Call netgear support, get it replaced, it's early signs of it going bad.

Old August 29th, 2008, 12:10 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Was told that there's no way it could be a hardware issue, and that its a software issue. Pretty convenient seeing as how I'm still under warranty for hardware but not software.

Emailed support to see where that would get me.
Old August 29th, 2008, 12:26 PM
NETGEAR Addict

I'm going to PM you, with some other information.

Last edited by GLaDOS; August 29th, 2008 at 12:31 PM.