Old November 27th, 2006, 08:33 AM
NETGEAR User

Samindalnac is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Vista Beta Driver Discussion.

Netgear has released several Beta Drivers for Windows Vista. Please see the following link for a list of Netgear products and Vista Compatibility.

http://kbserver.netgear.com/kb_web_files/n101649.asp

:P
Old February 13th, 2007, 11:39 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

tehsideshow is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Vista Beta Driver Discussion.

Any idea how I can get my MA311 to work? None of those beta drivers are for mine
Old October 6th, 2008, 04:04 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

sagittarius is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehsideshow View Post
Any idea how I can get my MA311 to work? None of those beta drivers are for mine
Me too, Pls help us. Bcs I have bought a new wireless netgear DG864N router and I configure it with type N. it is working perfect in LAN. I have another computer (using Win Vista) in which I have installed netgear wireless card MA311. But still wireless network is not working. I have checked all settings. wireless network is avaiable in my 2nd computer wireless network connection properties with same name but it is not working. kindly help me and tell me how can i connect my pc with this router and PCI wireless adapter. Tks
Old June 2nd, 2009, 01:30 PM

NickMitch8 is on a distinguished road

I have a MA101 an it has no vista drivers...

Any help would be nice...
Old June 2nd, 2009, 03:26 PM
NETGEAR Fanatic

fordem is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickMitch8 View Post
I have a MA101 an it has no vista drivers...

Any help would be nice...
With all due respect - you're trying to use an 802.11b wireless adapter (1999 technology) with Microsoft Vista (2007 technology), don't you think it's time you upgraded?
Old August 2nd, 2009, 07:23 PM

frustraited is on a distinguished road

Actually fordem Net gear is the one at fault, they say their products are compatible with vista on the packaging, yet don't follow through with their claims. ( i understand that windows brought out updates but you can't blame someone for choosing the cheaper option if it's claimed by the company to fulfill the role ). personally i would have spent more to buy a better card, if I'd known that i was buying a paper weight to begin with rather then being tricked by packaging. I've got the wg311ge, close range.. slow speed, that's all i needed.
Old August 2nd, 2009, 07:51 PM

jmizoguchi is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by frustraited View Post
Actually fordem Net gear is the one at fault, they say their products are compatible with vista on the packaging, yet don't follow through with their claims. ( i understand that windows brought out updates but you can't blame someone for choosing the cheaper option if it's claimed by the company to fulfill the role ). personally i would have spent more to buy a better card, if I'd known that i was buying a paper weight to begin with rather then being tricked by packaging. I've got the wg311ge, close range.. slow speed, that's all i needed.
why don't you show the screenshot form the packaging to prove it..

I doubt MA101 as B wireless has vista support label...

if this WG331 then this is 802.11B so you are posting and discussing to Fordem with WRONG model. this thread talks about MA101
Old August 20th, 2009, 12:00 PM

kirb is on a distinguished road
Angry Re: Vista Beta Driver Discussion.

Who cares if the piece of hardware is old.

There is no reason this older piece of hardware could not work with Vista or Win7 for that matter.

NETGEAR is just being LAZY!

They just want to sell more cards, I assume they think that forcing their old hardware to the landfill (by not releasing drivers for it) that people will buy their newer equipment.

WRONG I will never buy a netgear product again. I will post (unsavory) reviews of their products on newegg, and will advise people who ask me... To stay away from this earth hating company!

NETGEAR should release drivers for their products, especially when people are asking for them.

Or they should provide an address where I can send this now piece of trash so it can be disposed of properly.

If anyone knows of a site that has released "hacked" drivers for Vista let me know, or if there are some type of generic/reference drivers that work.

Thanks,
-kirby
Old August 20th, 2009, 12:23 PM

jmizoguchi is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirb View Post
Who cares if the piece of hardware is old.

There is no reason this older piece of hardware could not work with Vista or Win7 for that matter.

NETGEAR is just being LAZY!

They just want to sell more cards, I assume they think that forcing their old hardware to the landfill (by not releasing drivers for it) that people will buy their newer equipment.

WRONG I will never buy a netgear product again. I will post (unsavory) reviews of their products on newegg, and will advise people who ask me... To stay away from this earth hating company!

NETGEAR should release drivers for their products, especially when people are asking for them.

Or they should provide an address where I can send this now piece of trash so it can be disposed of properly.

If anyone knows of a site that has released "hacked" drivers for Vista let me know, or if there are some type of generic/reference drivers that work.

Thanks,
-kirby
why you would keep using old 802.11b that can be hacked using WEP encryption.