Go Back   NETGEAR Forums > Home Products > Wireless Networking Products for SOHO applications > Wireless Adapters > RangeMax Next Adapters

Old September 16th, 2009, 08:41 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

derbed is on a distinguished road
Angry WNDA3100 will not install

I've tried installing both from the CD and the v1.7 from the Netgear site. I get an error during installation saying "service faile" (odd spelling...) with v1.6, and ""couldn't create service" for v1.7; the top border of the error box has the letters: 'jswpsapi'. Device manager shows that the driver isn't installed. At some point I am asked to browse to the driver....but it isn't anywhere on the install cd or the downloaded version. Seems to be a bigger problem here!
H E L P !
Old September 17th, 2009, 04:46 AM
Advanced NETGEAR Expert

sagada2008 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WNDA3100 will not install

Hi derbed,

1. What is the Windows version of your PC?
2. Have you tried temporary disabling all the firewalls on your PC and check if you will be able to install the adapter?
3. If still that does not fix the issue, I believe you need to install the adapter to another PC and for us to easily isolate the issue.
Old September 17th, 2009, 04:50 AM
Advanced NETGEAR Expert

Hi derbed,

1. What is the Windows version of your PC?
2. Have you tried temporary disabling all the firewalls on your PC and check if you will be able to install the adapter?
3. If still that does not fix the issue, I believe you need to install the adapter to another PC and for us to easily isolate the issue.

You can also check the sticky link below:

http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=40694
Old September 17th, 2009, 06:09 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

XP sp2 I've turned off the win firewall.
I'm re-installing now and it does the same ting: 'Cannot create service' pops up, then it continues and says it has successfully installed the USB 2.0 adapter software...which is odd as this computer is only USB 1.1 Now it'll have me plug in the hardware and ask me to browse to the driver location....it also says "installation of the client software has failed; restart the computer and run the installer again. It also has a pop-up that says: the file bcmwlhigh5.sys on 802.11 network adapter install disk is needed. Type the path where the file is located, then click o.k."
What's the solution?
Old September 20th, 2009, 03:46 AM
Advanced NETGEAR Expert

Hi derbed,

The WNDA3100 should work with a USB 1.1 slot. Have you tried using a different USB slot? Are you sure that the USB slot is working?

I believe for us to further isolate the problem, try to install the adapter to a different computer and check if it will works. Otherwise, you need to contact support for workaround or a beta driver. If all the above steps failed, ask for the replacement for the adapter.
Old September 20th, 2009, 06:25 AM
NETGEAR Fanatic

jmizoguchi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by derbed View Post
XP sp2 I've turned off the win firewall.
I'm re-installing now and it does the same ting: 'Cannot create service' pops up, then it continues and says it has successfully installed the USB 2.0 adapter software...which is odd as this computer is only USB 1.1 Now it'll have me plug in the hardware and ask me to browse to the driver location....it also says "installation of the client software has failed; restart the computer and run the installer again. It also has a pop-up that says: the file bcmwlhigh5.sys on 802.11 network adapter install disk is needed. Type the path where the file is located, then click o.k."
What's the solution?
I have experience during the Beta test last year one time.

after inserting the adpater and asking for the driver, go to program files-netgear- you should find the driver folder there
*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

Most Other Useful Docs -"General Technical Documentation", "Router Reset", "Router Setup", "Print Server Tips", "Remote Admin"
"Wireless Tips"

Forum Policy

June Mizoguchi-i....@vpncasestudy.com
Old September 26th, 2009, 08:02 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

I got support on the phone who had me install it in another computer and proceeded to literally wash their hands of the issue saying it was my computer period. O.K., I know that already! Not very "supportive".
You say you experienced the same thing during a beta test? Hmmm...
When it asks for the driver, look in the Programs/Netgear folder that's just been installed?
thx
Old September 26th, 2009, 09:51 AM
NETGEAR Fanatic

jmizoguchi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by derbed View Post
I got support on the phone who had me install it in another computer and proceeded to literally wash their hands of the issue saying it was my computer period. O.K., I know that already! Not very "supportive".
You say you experienced the same thing during a beta test? Hmmm...
When it asks for the driver, look in the Programs/Netgear folder that's just been installed?
thx
IN RED.. that is what I said.. it's there..

beta was last year for app/software and no differ from what are you are seeing. "beta" itself should not make you aware that it has not fixed or any. I was explaining who I know this issue. only happen once and it was more likely a fluke because recently when I had clean one of my test laptop (same one), it was fine and installed like it should

also uninstall the , restart and try again.. can't remember to be exact setups now. it's over year when I did it for the first time
*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

Most Other Useful Docs -"General Technical Documentation", "Router Reset", "Router Setup", "Print Server Tips", "Remote Admin"
"Wireless Tips"

Forum Policy

June Mizoguchi-i....@vpncasestudy.com