Old October 21st, 2009, 04:34 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

ojii is on a distinguished road
Smile UVerse

Any help?

I am an AT&T UVerse user with 2WIRE router. Initially , they installed a 2Wire 11.g USB Adapter that went bad and it was suggested that I use a RangeMax USB 2.0 WPN111NA which is working just fine. My computer XP SP2 crashed and now I cannot run the NETGEAR WPN111 Smart Wizard. It installs but after I am prompted to connect the adapter, it stalls. ATT told me to load the 2Wire router software, which I did but under “Network Connections” the only two icons are the 1394 and Local Area Connections. When I attempt to run the Smart Wizard, the window shows only for a second. Then blue light is not flashing in the RangeMax. Where did I go wrong with this install? Thank you for a “fix.”
Old October 21st, 2009, 11:56 PM
Advanced NETGEAR Expert

sagada2008 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: UVerse

Hi ojii,

It appears that the computer is not able to detect the wireless USB adapter. For the driver to be install properly make sure that the PC detects the adapter first. I believe there are other USB port at the back of your computer, try to insert the adapter on that port and check if the PC will detect it. If you are using a dongle or an extender try not to use it. Once the PC detects the adapter you can download the latest driver on this link:

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/938