Go Back   NETGEAR Forums > Home Products > Wireless Networking Products for SOHO applications > Wireless Adapters > RangeMax Next Adapters

Old July 26th, 2009, 05:30 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

Faucon_EPC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WN311B having trouble with Windows 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faucon_EPC View Post
I have others g network cards working with my Belkin N1 Vision modem Router.

I had another network card working on windows 7 64 bits : Netgear WPN311 Rangemax working in g mod, i put the WN311 to update my bandwith and replace it.

I have the last windows 7 "Windows update" drivers. I tried with the netgear utiliy and without it is the same problem.

The Netgear last drivers don't do anything.
I tried to install Netgear utility on my XP partition on the same PC and it works between 70 Mbits ans 130 Mbits in the wifi n network.
Old July 29th, 2009, 10:27 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

I have tryed to search on Internet a solution without success.

I just have success on Windows xp, I put my Modem router on 20 Mhz + 40 Mhz for wifi n. That cause a connection of 270 Mbits/s on windows XP startup but the connection is 80 MBits/s most of Time.

Please find a solution.
I have wrote to ZoneAlarm Support last week and they don't answer me.
Old December 2nd, 2009, 10:01 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

Invuln is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmizoguchi View Post
Win7 are not fully supported until retail version release is coming out.
Windows has been out for over a month now and where is the support for my WN311B Wireless Adaptor card which i bought today?

I do not see any Win7 64bit drivers any-where.

I am sending this back tomorrow and buying from another manufacturer.
Old December 25th, 2009, 10:30 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

mexicansoljah808 is on a distinguished road

Aloha to everyone, had same issue. Solved it. Even Netgear couldnt solve it. Here is what i did.

1. uninstalled any trace of the wn311b card, driver and utility.
2. remove card from desktop.
3. I had a second network usb adapter so i was able to download 6.1 from the netgear site, get that. CD is terrible takes to long.
4. install the utility 6.1.
5. Let the installation complete and turn off computer. Pop the card back in computer. and boot back up.
6. Here is the tricky part, easy but weird. i went to my C: drive, program files, Netgear, copy and pasted the driver folder to desktop.
8.i went to device manager, uninstalled card driver from there. so it was no longer showing in device manager. (broadcomm something)
7. Rebooted computer to wipe that sucker clean. after logging in to computer, the card was trying to install driver, but couldnt because it was gone from netgear folder, but I made a copy of it onto desktop. So i updated driver, had it browse to that folder on desktop and BAM!!!

I was asked region, time location, and wireless networks were showing from the netgear utility. confused or Questions feel free to ask. Since Netgear couldnt help, i will help!
Old December 31st, 2009, 12:50 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Hello ^^,

"1. uninstalled any trace of the wn311b card, driver and utility."

- ok

"2. remove card from desktop."

- ok

"3. I had a second network usb adapter so i was able to download 6.1 from the netgear site, get that. CD is terrible takes to long."

- ok

"4. install the utility 6.1."

- ok

"5. Let the installation complete and turn off computer. Pop the card back in computer. and boot back up."

- ok

"6. Here is the tricky part, easy but weird. i went to my C: drive, program files, Netgear, copy and pasted the driver folder to desktop."

- I cut/past the driver folder on desktop

"8.i went to device manager, uninstalled card driver from there. so it was no longer showing in device manager. (broadcomm something)"

- ok
device is shown as '/!\ device without driver'

"7. Rebooted computer to wipe that sucker clean. after logging in to computer, the card was trying to install driver, but couldnt because it was gone from Netgear folder, but I made a copy of it onto desktop."

- ok

"So I updated driver,"

- I go to the material driver manager ("gestionaire de périphérique" in french).
I select update the driver in properties of the unknown device and give the way to the drivers on desktop.

"had it browse to that folder on desktop"

- The driver is installed Range Max Next Adapter.

"and BAM!!!"

- and plouf ... the device can't be activated and appear to be in grey color on managed network device.

------------------------

Netgear software tell me that the device is not connected.
windows said that it may be a driver problem on solved network problems.

I have Windows 7 64 bits Integral.

an idea?
Old March 31st, 2010, 01:25 PM

garywr1ght is on a distinguished road

Hi,
I got as far as copying the driver folder to my desktop. The i then went to device manager.... erm it says under network adapters 'realtek PCIe FE family controller. Am i looking in the right place? cannot see anything like broadcom. I bet i'm totally in the wrong place!!!! DOH
Old April 14th, 2010, 01:55 AM

Mandarb is on a distinguished road

Actually, forget the whole driver copying part there.

For me, all it took was to uninstall the adapter again, AND chosing the option to remove the drivers from the system.

Afterwards I too installed the newest drivers from the support page and it was recognised and works since then. Well, most of the time.

I at least came to the conclusion that Netgear's software is the biggest pile of cr** I have ever encountered. Why the hell does it sometimes outright refuse to connect to my bloody router? Which is incidentally also a Netgear WNR3500.

It now took me again half an hour to get that thing working again, and you only get it working again if you connect it through windows itself. Then, suddenly, it also connects on the "Smart Wizard" (haha). Why the hell is the native windows software able to connect while the "Smart Wizard" isn't?

You know, I went Netgear after I had problems that my flatmate's laptop could never connect to the D-Link router I had at the time. Believe me, as soon as I have some money lying around and do not know what to do with it, the Netgear stuff gets thrown out. Too bad I'm a poor student and am now stuck with the stuff I spent the bit of money on that I have.

FU** YOU NETGEAR. Thank you very much for providing the best service experience I have ever had. Haha.
Old April 15th, 2010, 03:38 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

gouly is on a distinguished road

Yeh it's very dissapointing, I am definately never buying netgear stuff again.
Old June 22nd, 2010, 10:00 PM

jonathandpeck is on a distinguished road

There is no solution for Windows 7 64 bit. There is no expected time of arrival for the WN311B Windows 7 64 bit driver. The website is misleading, when asked to correct the website they have a scripted response which only leads you to believe there are no plans to have a driver available. If you say it works and it doesn't. Then you don't set a date for driver release date why even mention it. Why issue stickers for your product that say it will work. Calling technical support will end in them recommending the Netgear WN111 RangeMax Next Wireless-N USB Adapter. I will buy the WN111. I prefer not to buy USB adapters. I don't like detachable devices on my desktop PC. I think the compatible campaign is a poor way to sell a product.

I have the WNDR330 router and I also have the WN311T wireless adapter. I actually was able to get WN311T to work using D10236-002-002.exe driver issued by Gateway for 8 months. Eventually the driver failed for the WN311T.

I don't understand why these forums also aren't listed with the most recent post after the initial question is asked.
Old August 24th, 2010, 01:13 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

smyrin is on a distinguished road

It's bloody Aug 2010 and still no support for win 7 64????

I tried installing the hardware on my win 7 64 pc and the software refused to detect the hardware. I eventually got it to work by following mexicansoljah808's suggestion.

I copied the driver folder from the Netgear folder onto my desktop and then using the device manager pointed the driver at that folder and it installed correctly. Then I started the Netgear WN311B Smart Wizard and it detected the card just fine. I am up and running currently but it did take like two hours to figure this all out!

I should have researched the network adapter before I bought it. Buyer beware!