Old January 1st, 2010, 05:16 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

aardpiggy is on a distinguished road
Default wnr2000 light blinks

I just installed a wnr2000 wireless router. Everything seems to be working properly, but I notice that the WiFi light on the router does not stay a steady green - it blinks. Is this normal?

I just upgraded from a Netgear 150 to this Netgear 300 router. On the old router the WiFi light blinked all the time, and occasionally I got dropped off the internet and then reconnected immediately. This was not a problem until it happened in the middle of uploading info. When this happened, I had to start over. This is why I now have a better router. But if the blinking light means that I might be kicked off and reconnected, then what do I do about that?
Old January 1st, 2010, 05:41 PM
NETGEAR Addict

methuselah_ is on a distinguished road
Default Re: wnr2000 light blinks

Quote:
WiFi light on the router does not stay a steady green - it blinks. Is this normal?
Yes, it is.

You may want to try changing channel and security of your router's wireless settings. Intermittent wireless connection is mostly caused by interferrence. This article may help you.
Old January 1st, 2010, 09:17 PM

jmizoguchi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: wnr2000 light blinks

WIFI LED will always brink at different rates. usually more activity it has, it will brink rapidly.

by looking at just LED will not going to tell you the entire function of wireless wether you have disconnected on not