Old March 9th, 2010, 12:19 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

opensecret is on a distinguished road
Default Big drop in upload speeds

My WNDR3700 worked fine for several months until today, when browsing suddenly got very slow. Speed tests show download is OK, but upload on my TW/RR cable connection has suddenly dropped about 90% from the usual 500+ to 50 kbps or less. Pinging Google gives times of over 2000ms; pings to Amazon time out.

It definitely seems to be a router issue, because the problem goes away when I bypass the router and connect a PC directly to the cable modem. Iíve tried recycling both modem and router several times, but no improvement.

Itís not a wireless issue, because Iím running into the problem with machines wired to the router. Itís not specific to a particular PC or operating system (same issue on a pretty fast Win7 box and two Win XP machines). I tried turning wireless off service off at the router, and turning off all but one PC, and still get the same problem.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old March 9th, 2010, 04:52 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

opensecret is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Big drop in upload speeds

Updating the firmware on the 3700 seems to have solved the problem, at least for now. The old firmware had worked fine since I got the router in November, so it may be the update process rather than the firmware change that made a difference, but I hope it stays fixed