Go Back   NETGEAR Forums > Home Products > Wireless Networking Products for SOHO applications > Wireless Router & Modem Gateways > 802.11b/g/n Routers > All 802.11 b/g/n Routers

Old June 22nd, 2010, 09:19 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

arneal is on a distinguished road
Default Can't Access routerlogin or 192.168.0.1

I am connected to the internet using an iMac Intel computer. AT&T is the ISP, the modem is an Efficient Networks Speedstream 5360 ADSL Ethernet modem, the router is a NetGear WPN824 v2. This system works as close to trouble-free as is possible. My problem is that when I first set up this system in '07, I (stupidly) didn't set-up a password to access the router. Our tenant who also shares the router believes that it is being used by others in the area for downloads, limiting his bandwidth. When I try to access 'routerlogin' (which I was able to do 7-9 months ago) to create a password, I enter my Netgear username and password, but it keeps giving me this response:

The user name or password you entered for area WPN824v2 on routerlogin.net:80 was incorrect. Make sure youre entering them correctly, and then try again.

And in a smaller font at the bottom:

Your password will be sent unencrypted.

I don't know if my modem is supposed to be in 'bridge mode' or not, but I don't know how to do that or if it's not already in that mode by default. Thank you for your help.
Old June 22nd, 2010, 10:04 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

Itsbiggs is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Can't Access routerlogin or 192.168.0.1

If you believe someone got into your router and messed things up you can do a Factory Reset... Thank god for physical access. In order to do that you have to press the small recessed reset button and it should reset to factory settings. This way it will default the username and password to what the manual states, which right off my head I cant remember netgears default. I'm sure someone will pop in here and let you know, that way you can get back in and set it up how you want it. And get a WPA2 password on that so you cant (as easily) be hacked and have your internet stolen.
Old June 22nd, 2010, 11:00 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

arneal is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Can't Access routerlogin or 192.168.0.1

Thanks Itsbiggs, I'll try that.