Old April 28th, 2010, 04:40 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Raphael is on a distinguished road
Default Wg111v3 adapter does not work in Windows 7.

I've just installed a clean version of Windows 7 on my desktop PC ( was Vista ). And just tried to install the WG111v3 adapter using the latest software from Netgear ( version 2.0.0 ). During the installation i get to the point where the software is looking for all wireless networks, but finds none. But if i plug the same adapter into my laptop ( running Windows XP ), there are at least 4 or 5 including my own wireless network, which my laptop can connect to fine. Also the wireless adapter worked fine on my desktop when it was running Vista. The USB port i'm using is fully functional, running my wireless connection to my keyboard or flash drive with no problems. After i reboot the system even the Smart Wizard won't open. Plug in the adapter, and the device manager detects the adapter. Why is the adapter not working?
Old May 5th, 2010, 03:08 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Default Re: Wg111v3 adapter does not work in Windows 7.

Okay, considering no one posted an answer to my original post. I've managed to solve the problem myself. Hopefully this will help anyone else who has a similar issue. Problem is due to anti-virus program.
Go to 'Control Panel' - Under 'Network & Internet' select 'View network status and tasks'. Now select 'Change adapter settings', then select & right click on the 'Wireless Network Connection' & select 'Properties'. Then UNCHECK ( turn OFF ) the 'Anti-Virus Filter'.
Hope this helps,
Raphael.
Old May 9th, 2010, 04:18 AM

MaleBuffy is on a distinguished road

Install Visual C++ redistributable and try again!
Old May 9th, 2010, 03:56 PM

gkw44 is on a distinguished road

Do you have these instructions for Vista, as my menus in Control Panel are different.

I have been trying to get this adapter to work for 2 days now. I was told it was a piece of cake, actually it's been a nightmare.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old May 9th, 2010, 05:37 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Sorry, like you this problem had been driving me insane. My wireless adapter worked fine under Windows XP & Vista, installing with no problems. And now that I’m running Windows 7 on both machines I don’t have access to that instruction set. Hopefully someone running Vista will read these posts & be able to help, if its the same problem.
Good luck.
Old May 9th, 2010, 06:35 PM

gkw44 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for replying...hope to get some answers soon or I am returning this adapter.
Old May 10th, 2010, 01:26 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

I may not have Vista to refer to, but if it is the same type of problem i've had, i can give you a general guide. In the control panel, under internet, connections, networks or something similar, what you what to try and find is a screen that lists your network connections. This will look like two or three icons, showing either one or two 'Local area connection or network' ( depending on motherboard ) & one 'Wireless connection or network'. If you can find this screen, then select & right click on the 'Wireless' icon & select 'Properties'. Then UNCHECK the 'Anti-Virus Filter'. I don't know whether this will help, but its better than nothing. Good luck.
Old July 1st, 2010, 11:03 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

cee_64 is on a distinguished road

Can you be a bit more specific? I've done exactly what you stated and there aren't any such settings in my installation. I've tried it in both 32bit and 64bit Win 7 and there is no Anti-Virus Filter setting to be found. Please help with this as I've been trying to get this working since last August with no success. Netgear Tech Support hasn't been any help so far, and wants to charge me before they will do anything now that I've owned this adapter for more than 30 days, which I find appaling. I can't return it now, but I really need to get this working under Win 7 (it works fine under Win 2k, XP, XP64, Vista 32, and Vista 64 but not under Win 7 which I really need to be able to upgrade to.

Help me Raphael, you're my only hope.
Old August 21st, 2010, 08:07 PM

gbond is on a distinguished road

I had the same problem. I uninstalled my virus checker (Zone Alarm) and then reinstalled the NetGear software - everytrhing then appeared to work just fine. I then re-installed my virus checker. I hope this helps.
Old August 21st, 2010, 08:18 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

cee_64 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbond View Post
I had the same problem. I uninstalled my virus checker (Zone Alarm) and then reinstalled the NetGear software - everytrhing then appeared to work just fine. I then re-installed my virus checker. I hope this helps.
No AV Software is installed at all so that won't help. Fresh, clean install of Windows 7 with the only things installed are the drivers for the motherboard, audio, display, etc. No software of any type is installed.