Old October 18th, 2010, 08:31 AM

soxnation20 is on a distinguished road
Default network security key

A friend of mine is having problems with the network security key, he said he changed it and had 3 different numbers written down on a piece of paper he came accross. none of those work. im usually pretty good with these, but ive never used windows 7 and i cant seem to find a solution. before he had no password at all and people in the neighborhood was using the wireless. i told him to put a password on it, he did and now no one can get on it. i found a place to reset and password, i did nothing changed. its asking for a network security key though i think the password was for the homegroup. but im not familar with windows 7 yet im not really getting anywhere on this. if anyone knows how to reset the security key or what its asking for? would be appreciated. thank you
Old October 18th, 2010, 09:11 AM
NETGEAR Addict

methuselah_ is on a distinguished road
Default Re: network security key

Go to the settings page of the router at http://routerlogin.com and check the wireless settings. You'll get the network key from there.

If WEP is chosen for the encryption, use the Key1 otherwise use passphrase as Network Security Key.