Old November 25th, 2010, 11:27 AM

Fatal_Assasin is on a distinguished road
Unhappy WNDR 3400 N600 Dual Band Router issues..

Im having quite a problem with this...

Im running a ISP called "Clear"
Im using the WNDR3400 N600 Router.
I chose the option to enable UPnP, and enalbled "Open NAT" in the configuration.
I opened the proper ports for Xbox Live, Playstation Network.
I even tried setting a DMZ setting for my network... All attempts to failed.
I even tried running all of my connections through ethernet connection on the router directly..Still not difference.
Yes, I have the DoS protection OFF.

Im getting a "Moderate" NAT setting with my Xbox 360, My PS3 says NAT 2 (Proper NAT) But, When I boot up a game and connect to the servers, Its either blocked or times out.

Every configuration I can think of is futile, I really could use some support on this, Its rather frustrating..

Im very frustrated, considering I almost never have server problems, however I think purchasing this router was a mistake, Im really asking for some help.

I just want to be able to have full access to all of my ports, None being blocked...
Old November 25th, 2010, 09:35 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

ZenFury is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WNDR 3400 N600 Dual Band Router issues..

well, i just bought the 3400 to replace the 3300 which was a fail in my book. 3400 is giving me best gaming experience yet, but it always lets first logged on xbox be open, the second comes as moderate. but unlike you, i havent had any issues, the only time i get lag anymore is if the game host has an unstable connection or in black ops, which i guess the whole platform has lag issues.

i can tell you what my settings are if you'd like.

my wired is port forwarded, and the wifi is dmz host. i have upnp on, qos on with the listed rules deleted, added rules for each xbox as highest priority using mac address. both xboxes have manual ip addresses. set laptops to high. do have dos off. i used the fourth option for security, not the last, as it caused problems for both wired and wifi.

thats the basics of what i did, and its the first time i have had a relatively stable connection with my provider (apparently my node has some noise issues)
Old November 25th, 2010, 09:39 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

oh, i should mention i put the wireless xbox on 5g and wired on 2.4, if you havent tried that it may help.
Old November 25th, 2010, 09:44 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

oh, and i dont know if you noticed, but out of the box mine needed a firmware update.
Old November 30th, 2010, 05:25 PM

iamknoware is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenFury View Post
well, i just bought the 3400 to replace the 3300 which was a fail in my book. 3400 is giving me best gaming experience yet, but it always lets first logged on xbox be open, the second comes as moderate. but unlike you, i havent had any issues, the only time i get lag anymore is if the game host has an unstable connection or in black ops, which i guess the whole platform has lag issues.

i can tell you what my settings are if you'd like.

my wired is port forwarded, and the wifi is dmz host. i have upnp on, qos on with the listed rules deleted, added rules for each xbox as highest priority using mac address. both xboxes have manual ip addresses. set laptops to high. do have dos off. i used the fourth option for security, not the last, as it caused problems for both wired and wifi.

thats the basics of what i did, and its the first time i have had a relatively stable connection with my provider (apparently my node has some noise issues)
I recently bought the N600, can you help me configure it like you did. Every time I do the Live test, it keeps saying my Nat is strict. I tried the customer support with Netgear, they were no help. They told me to call Xbox. I thought I might try here first before dealing with 'support'.

My set up is wifi though. I got as far as deleting all the rules, but didnt know what to put in for the Port numbers...
Old March 7th, 2011, 09:54 AM

ATLCardsFan is on a distinguished road

I bought the same router yesterday and I also have a PS3 and a XBOX 360. So far I'm not seeing issues with the ways its set up. The way I have my router set up so far has my NAT on my XBOX "open" and my NAT on my PS3 is "moderate". I have UPNP enabled and I use the "Address Reservation" feature in the router to make sure my gaming systems always get the same IP address (leave your gaming systems set to receive the IP automatically which is DHCP). Then I enabled "Port Triggering" for the ports that you need to open. My port triggering list is below:

# Enable Service Name Service Type Inbound Connection Service User
1 COD TCP:3074 TCP/UDP:3074 Any
2 COD2 UDP:88 UDP:88 Any
3 COD3 TCP:53 TCP/UDP:53 Any
4 COD4 TCP:81 TCP/UDP:81 Any
5 COD5 UDP:443 UDP:443 Any
6 COD6 UDP:3075 UDP:3075 Any
7 COD7 TCP:3478 TCP/UDP:3478 Any
8 COD8 TCP:5223 TCP:5223 Any
9 Torrent TCP:45346 TCP/UDP:45346 Any

I am told by manually setting an IP on your gaming systems you will never get them to be "open" NAT. I am still tweaking settings and if I can get them both to be "open" NAT at the same time, I will report back. Hope this helps
Old March 11th, 2011, 07:20 AM

kokes is on a distinguished road

I'm at my wits end. I purchased a Netgear WNDR37AVv2 - N600 WIRELESS DUAL BAND GIGABIT ROUTER and can't get my son's PS3 to work. I changed the NAT to "open" but that did not help. I applied the DMZ to the PS3 IP. I enabled and disabled the Pnpu thing. I configured the port forwarding with the ports provided to me by sony. I reserved an address...etc..etc...

I have some computer skills, followed some youtube videos...consulted sites...asked for advise...and after all that...I still get the Nat Type 3 when I am supposed to get Type 2.

I did not that in a youtube video..that when the chap enabled "open" for the NAT, there was a download window that appeared which took several seconds to undertake. When I enabled "open", the page just flashed. I then re-loaded the latest firmware again and got the same result. Now I'm not sure where I should begin in all this. Any help would be appreciated.
Old March 30th, 2011, 01:57 PM

BADFISH2 is on a distinguished road

I have an annoying stutter with playing Black OPS on my PS3's and with the PS3 upstairs, I get connection problems. I had none of these problems with my older Lynksys. I am replacing that one only because we are having to reboot it periodically, but at this point I would rater do that than deal with this sub-optimal Netgear.
I have tried DMZ, port forwarding/triggering everything I can find online but no luck. I am about to return it and go back to my "POS" that works well.
Old May 2nd, 2011, 11:44 AM

Baleron is on a distinguished road

i have a roommate that likes to download movies and i am into MMOs so you can see where it gets frustrating. i was wonder if i could put their laptop or mine under the 5ghz band? ive tried it myself and couldnt figure it out so i was hoping someone else could show me how if there is a way or do i have to suffer the lag and deathness on the 2.4ghz band?
Old May 25th, 2011, 04:53 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

idxpired is on a distinguished road

not until ur laptop is compatible with 5ghz, which it mostly wont be