Problem connecting DLink1522 to WNDR4000
I was wondering if anybody can help me with a problem I have with my network.
The problem is that WNDR4000 can get to DLink1522 but not vice versa and the
goal is to get laptop1 able to access the internet.
This is the design of my network
laptop1 - DLink1522 - WNDR4000 - VerizonDSLCableModem - Internet
(10.0.0.101) (10.0.0.50) (10.0.0.1) (192.168.1.1)
1) DLink1522 is accessing the 5GHz wireless guest network on WNDR4000 using WPA2
2) access list on WNDR4000 includes DLink1522*
3) WNDR4000 has the following configuration:
a) Guest network enabled
b) No isolation
C) No broadcast
d) WNDR4000 gateway is 192.168.1.1
e) WNDR4000 netmask is 255.255.255.0
4) DLink1522 has the following configuration:
a) gateway is 192.168.1.1 (also tried 10.0.0.1 with no luck)
b) DLink1522 netmask is 255.255.255.0
c) set for Bridging
d) set to connect to the 5GHz guest network on WNDR4000
* the MAC address reported by WNDR4000 for the DLINK1522 is different than what
DLink1522 thinks it is. This seemed odd to me. If I just had the MAC address
that the DLINK1522 thinks it is, the DLINK1522 would not connect to the WNDR4000.
Therefore, I have both MAC addresses in the list
** not sure if my gateway value is correct
This is what I know:
1) Laptop2 can access the internet through WNDR4000
2) Laptop2 can ping WNDR4000, DLink1522 and laptop1
3) Laptop1 can ping DLINK1522 but not WNDR4000 or laptop2
1) Communication between DLink1522 and WNDR4000 seems to be one way.
Laptop1 can only ping DLink1522 but not WNDR4000
I've exhausted all my possibilties. Any suggestions would be