Go Back   NETGEAR Forums > Home Products > Storage, Entertainment, Print Servers & VOIP Devices > Multimedia Entertainment Devices > PTV1000/PTV2000 Forum

Old December 27th, 2010, 08:58 AM

youngbru is on a distinguished road
Default Re: "Intel My WiFi Technology not enabled"

I have the same issue with my Dell Studio 1569. It came with the Netgear PTV box bundled with it at BestBuy. I got it back in April but never tried to use the PTV box until now. The wireless adapter works fine for everything else but the Intel My WiFi utility does not see the Intel Centrino 6200 adapter so none of the WiDi software will operate. I tried updating the driver and WiDi software but it did not help.

I am not going to do a fresh install as the wireless display is not that important to me but I would like to get it working. It acts like either a Dell utility or Windows 7 itself is managing the wireless network and blocking the Intel utility but I cannot figure out how to change it.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 01:04 AM

recall is on a distinguished road

I solved it by opening Device Manager and checking for the Network Adapters that were disabled... just go to Start menu, type Device Manager, opne Network Adapters tree, right-click each adapter and the ones that have the Enable option are the ones to be clicked, after that, I could use finally(!!) my wireless display
Old February 2nd, 2011, 08:11 AM

ronbarliant is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: "Intel My WiFi Technology not enabled"

Thanks a million. This solved the problem after hours of frustration.
Old February 2nd, 2011, 02:05 PM

vikramk is on a distinguished road

I had similar problems with my Sony laptop and i tried everything except restoring my system.
Finally I went to the intel website http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...&DwnldID=19246

and checked the 'Confused about what to download?' section to let them detect what updated software I would need. Based on the automated check and suggestion I downloaded the software and installed it and my Intel My Wifi Tech started working and now I can display my laptop on the tv. Hope this helps ur situation too.
Old June 14th, 2011, 04:00 PM

MtnXfreeride is on a distinguished road

I have the same issue on 2 new computers with WIDI technology. A dell studio and HP DM4-1160us.

Widi used to work (always choppy from both computers however), but now the software will not even turn on anymore "Intel My WiFi technology not enabled. Restart the computer and try again".

I believe this happened after a batch of either windows updates or in updating the device - it is suspicious both stopped working in the week after going around the house updating computers.

This adapter has been a huge pain since I got it.. either in video/audio so choppy movies/youtube videos arent watchable or the program itself wont open... I get frustrated and just plug it into an HDMI port.. simple and quick - like this promised.
Old September 22nd, 2011, 01:49 PM

gsmama is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: "Intel My WiFi Technology not enabled"

Quote:
Originally Posted by recall View Post
I solved it by opening Device Manager and checking for the Network Adapters that were disabled... just go to Start menu, type Device Manager, opne Network Adapters tree, right-click each adapter and the ones that have the Enable option are the ones to be clicked, after that, I could use finally(!!) my wireless display
Tlhank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!! I too was having an issue with my Wireless Display and your suggestion worked. Thank you a million times!!!!!
Old November 26th, 2011, 08:46 PM

ozerib is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by recall View Post
I had the same issue with my VAIO and tried almost everything and read anything related to this problem.

You, my friend, you're soooooooo great.. You made my day by providing this solution. It took just a couple of sec. I can't believe that such simple solution is hidden there.

Thanks again
Old March 16th, 2012, 09:48 PM

Rotok is on a distinguished road

SO I got my wireless display working after getting the "intel My WiFi Technology not enabled" error
I am on a win7 64bit dell xpsl502x btw
In device manager, under network adapters, I notice Microsoft Virtual wifi miniport adapter and adapter #2 had yellow flags next to them, so I uninstalled them both. then I right clicked network adapters and selected scan for hardware changes.
Doing this caused everything to install perfectly fine, my evil my wifi tech utility noticed the adapter but when I attempted to connect to the adapter it would just sit there saying connecting till it timed out.
So I went online and got the latest BIOS update for my laptop, flashed to computer, restarted and now finally my computer will connect to the adapter.
After updating the adapters firmware now I can use my wireless display and it looks amazing