Old March 10th, 2012, 03:20 PM

JRau is on a distinguished road
Default Hulu Plus usability

Today my daughter and I purchased an NTV200 unit, took it home, plugged it in and it was working with no issue. The most important content for her was Hulu Plus.

So after a bit of trial and error we got to the screen with the shows ... there are hundreds and hundreds to choose from but they appear as a ribbon, five at a time that can be scrolled back and forth. I'm thinking this must be a very frustrating user interface!

Is there a alternate view ... or a way to save personal favorite shows? She uses Hulu Plus on an iPad and there is a "queue" that does this. I'm hoping there is a "training" guide to Hulu Plus that shows us a better way.

Thank in advance for any help ...
Jim
Old March 16th, 2012, 07:42 AM
NETGEAR Addict

Dogbert is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hulu Plus usability

I don't have a Hulu Plus account so I can't speak directly to that, but I do want to make a comment on the premium channels in general. All of the premium channels layout and functionality are designed by the content providers themselves, not Netgear. Netgear only implements what the channel providers provide, which explains why each of the premium channels have a completely different look and feel from each other.

Hopefully someone else who has a Hulu Plus account can comment on if there are other ways of viewing the content that is more intuative.
Old March 18th, 2012, 02:42 PM

dreamsymphony is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hulu Plus usability

What I do is just add what I want to watch on the computer to my queue and subscriptions tab. That way it's easier to just go there on the netgear device.