Old April 12th, 2012, 02:49 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Rick_ is on a distinguished road
Question Aspire TimelineX AS4830T-6452 compatible???

According to the list the Acer TimelineX 4820 IS a supported laptop. According to an ACER rep, that series has been discontinued and the 4830 series replaced it, therefore it is newer. By logic, I would assume since it's newer, and the older series was supported, this series would be too. I have seen a few posts from people who's laptop was not on the list, but were told that their machine WAS in fact supported. Can anyone please tell me if the Acer Aspire TimelineX
AS4830T-6452 is supported? Thank you in advance....
Old April 12th, 2012, 05:23 PM

jmizoguchi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Aspire TimelineX AS4830T-6452 compatible???

any WIDI supported PC can be candidate but so you chance are either wait until same owner of this products post or you try it.

other choice are go to my.netgear.com and use non register button and ask support for it
Old April 12th, 2012, 07:01 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Unhappy Re: Aspire TimelineX AS4830T-6452 compatible???

I suppose that is true. According to the Intel website the processor in this model absolutely supports WiDi, should I assume that perhaps the list might be a tad "not updated"? , the Acer rep told me this is a brand new series release, so maybe the list hasn't caught up yet with the new released models?
Old April 13th, 2012, 07:39 AM
NETGEAR Addict

Dogbert is on a distinguished road

The list is supplied to Netgear by Intel, and Intel only tests those laptops that have been submitted to them. So as long as your laptop has the required Intel CPU, Intel NIC, and Intel graphics there is a good chance it will work. If your laptop does have all the correct hardware, you should also check your laptop vendors website to make sure you have the latest graphics driver from them, since some vendors have had to tweak their drivers to work correctly.
Old April 13th, 2012, 07:25 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Thumbs up Re: Aspire TimelineX AS4830T-6452 compatible???

Well as it turns out my laptop was delivered today. Although NOT on the list, after installing all the Intel Widi files in order I got it to work. The Intel Rep insists that it's more important to look for your processor on the Intel site, and there it will inform you whether your processor is compatible w / Widi and if so, it will work fine w / the ptv1000 and the 2000. Worked for me. Mortal is; pick a processor you're comfortable with and narrow your search to what brand and price range works for you. Just realize that the list is not set in stone.
Old April 14th, 2012, 03:59 AM
NETGEAR Fanatic

StephenB is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_ View Post
Well as it turns out my laptop was delivered today. Although NOT on the list, after installing all the Intel Widi files in order I got it to work. The Intel Rep insists that it's more important to look for your processor on the Intel site, and there it will inform you whether your processor is compatible w / Widi and if so, it will work fine w / the ptv1000 and the 2000. Worked for me. Mortal is; pick a processor you're comfortable with and narrow your search to what brand and price range works for you. Just realize that the list is not set in stone.
The list is not set in stone, but the processor is not the only requirement. Intel graphics and wifi are also needed. The full list is here: http://www.intel.com/support/wireles.../CS-031059.htm

Some PTV2000 features might not work with some WiDi laptops. Information on that can be found here: http://www.intel.com/support/wireles.../CS-032437.htm