Old October 13th, 2011, 05:05 PM
NETGEAR User

RSchwein is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up WC7520 lost its mind

Just had an outstanding experience working with the NetGear support engineers in fixing some firmware bugs in the WC7520. During the new install the WC7520 stopped displaying information on the managed WAPs, managed WAP web interfaces were destroyed, and the WC7520 couldn't change WAP IP addresses when the WAP was on a different sub-net. After going through the hoops and finally getting to L3, the guy was outstanding. Several firmware updates and the problems were fixed. Certainly a pleasure working with people who know what they are doing.

Bob
Old March 28th, 2012, 06:13 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

occ_ict is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WC7520 lost its mind

was this a VLAN issue - I have just had the same thing happen - all my AP's have dissapeared and the list refreshes with no content on any AP.s FW 2.2.`_2632.

Tried reflashing and no good - the existing AP's work just can't edit or add any
Old April 15th, 2012, 12:54 AM
NETGEAR User

Quote:
Originally Posted by occ_ict View Post
was this a VLAN issue - I have just had the same thing happen - all my AP's have dissapeared and the list refreshes with no content on any AP.s FW 2.2.`_2632.

Tried reflashing and no good - the existing AP's work just can't edit or add any
No, this was not a VLAN issue. I have no VLAN's. This is very buggy firmware in the WC7520, pure and simple. The "latest" firmware posted in Netgear's public support site (2.2.1) has problems as you described above (WAPs disappearing). I raised this issue late last year, yet 2.2.1 still is what Netgear is calling its "latest" firmware. I confess, I do not understand what is going on inside Netgear in relation to the WC7520. Just recently I had to recommend a different vendor's managed WAP solution to a local city simply because Netgear has been taking way to long to solve these known problems with the WC7520. Sad.

Bob
Old April 15th, 2012, 08:01 AM
NETGEAR Fanatic

adit is on a distinguished road

Call Support and ask for 2.3.0.37.
Old April 16th, 2012, 06:20 PM
NETGEAR User

I had a WC7520 with 2.2.1 firmware. It had real problems. I called Netgear support and eventually got to the person who really knew what they were doing. The person I was on the phone with was very good. He would shoot me a "fix" and wait on the phone while I tried it. When I described the results he would make some code changes then shoot me the new "fix". Eventually we got it working. The firmware version I have is just a few minor notches less than what you've just mentioned. However, it is light years higher than what Netgear currently has on its public web site.

Therein lies the problem; late last year I worked with Netgear and fixed the problem of disappearing managed WAPs. Yet Netgear, a half a year later still has the old buggy 2.2.1 firmware as the "latest" on its Support web page (http://support.netgear.com/app/produ...del/a_id/13060).

I am hoping there is a very good reason for this but, I've certainly never been told (and I've asked).

So, I really do feel uncomfortable recommending the WC7520 simply because the company behind the product doesn't seem to be all that much in a hurry to fix the bugs and get those fixes out onto its public support site.
Old April 16th, 2012, 06:39 PM
NETGEAR Fanatic

adit is on a distinguished road

PM me your email address.