Old April 29th, 2012, 04:13 PM

trygo4264 is on a distinguished road
Default Connection/compatibility problems

Hi everyone.

It's been a while since I have this problem and I looked for about every solution on the internet, but nothing has solved the problem.

I have about 4 computers at home, and internet is working great, except with my laptop. About 75% of the time, internet is extremely slow or I just can't load any website/videos. When I play online or am on skype, it just disconnects periodically. I always have to reset the connection to load what I want. The rest of the time, everything works perfectly. This problem persists wired or wireless, and the signal's power doesn't change anything. My laptop is (literally) 1 feet from my router, and nothing changes. My laptop is a MSI GT780R and these are the hardware specification for my network card (or what seems to be) :

Card Reader : SD(XC/HC)/MMC/MS(PRO)/xD
LAN : 10/100/1000
Wireless LAN : 802.11 b/g/n

Is there a compatibility problem with my laptop and my router? I never had any problem with any other router, and my laptop is the only computer (wireless or wired) that had a problem with the router.

Thanks for your answers, I'll be waiting for help impatiently.
Old April 30th, 2012, 04:55 AM
NETGEAR User

quagmire is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Connection/compatibility problems

Since it happens both wired and wireless, and only with one laptop, it's almost certainly a problem with the laptop. There's not much room for incompatibilities in a wired connection.

Can you hook the laptop directly to your modem / Internet connection? If so, does the problem still exist?
Old May 2nd, 2012, 06:09 PM

trygo4264 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Connection/compatibility problems

This only happens with this router. With the modem directly connected or with any other router, everything works perfectly.