Old May 3rd, 2012, 06:32 PM

sonicboom is on a distinguished road
Angry PTV1000 no signal on HDMI

I just opened my PTV1000 today and it will not work with HDMI. I followed the directions in the included documentation. It stated that I should download and install the:
  1. Critical laptop WiFi Driver Update
  2. Latest Intel Wireless Display Software
  3. Adapter Firmware

I did all that, plugged in the HDMI cable and powered it on. I get nothing but a black screen. I have tried it on two different TVs using two different HDMI cables. Then I had the idea to try the composite video using an old VCR cable I had left over. When I plugged that in it worked! I was able to install it on my laptop and connect. I could show my laptop screen (although the quality was horrid) on my TV. So I turned it back off, disconnected the composite cables and reconnected the HDMI. Still no luck. I even did a reset to factory defaults. No luck either. I uploaded a video to youtube to show the wierd thing my TV is doing when I plug in the PTV1000 and turn it on.

Video Link
Old May 4th, 2012, 01:51 AM
NETGEAR Fanatic

StephenB is on a distinguished road
Default Re: PTV1000 no signal on HDMI

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicboom View Post
I just opened my PTV1000 today and it will not work with HDMI. I followed the directions in the included documentation. It stated that I should download and install the:
  1. Critical laptop WiFi Driver Update
  2. Latest Intel Wireless Display Software
  3. Adapter Firmware

I did all that, plugged in the HDMI cable and powered it on. I get nothing but a black screen. I have tried it on two different TVs using two different HDMI cables. Then I had the idea to try the composite video using an old VCR cable I had left over. When I plugged that in it worked! I was able to install it on my laptop and connect. I could show my laptop screen (although the quality was horrid) on my TV. So I turned it back off, disconnected the composite cables and reconnected the HDMI. Still no luck. I even did a reset to factory defaults. No luck either. I uploaded a video to youtube to show the wierd thing my TV is doing when I plug in the PTV1000 and turn it on.

Video Link
Do your TVs support 1080p?