Old May 4th, 2012, 04:39 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

williams226 is on a distinguished road
Default Problem with SSL312 VPN Concentrator

Hi, sorry if this has been covered but really struggling for some advice.

We are using the SSL312 VPN conentrator. We have 3 sales reps out on the road, and have laptops / home computers which they use the VPN to syncronise our CRM software Act by Sage.

We use Firefox as a rule, and have been using it for a number of years to connect through the VPN.

We can connect to the VPN, using windows domain credentials. Then once in when you press the "Connect Using VPN Tunnel" it does nothing.

I have checked the firewall, and its not that. I have checked firefox settins to make sure our IP address for VPN is set in exceptions, I have disabled pop up blockers etc etc. I can find no reason but it just refuses to even dial, or even acknowledge that I want to dial the VPN Tunnel.

Now, I went to onto IE to test. I accepted the certificate, set the IP address into the trusted sites, and set permissions to Low for trusted Zone. VPN logs in and dials no problems and I can sync files.

Now our sales reps are not great with computers, I have spent a while showing them how to use software, and setup short cuts etc for them. It will confuse their skill level of knowledge to tell them to use IE instead of firefox.

Can anyone suggest as to what could be causing the VPN not to load in Firefox.

I have cleared firefox history.
The UAC is turned off.

Not sure if windows defender, or windows firewall could be causing this but I cant find anything obvious.

Could it be DEP? not sure as it works in IE.

Does anyone have exact settings or link to where they are for using firefox browser with VPN tunnel.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

It is only 1 computer that it is not working on, the others are fine with firefox.

So it deff is something on this computer.

thanks.
Old May 4th, 2012, 11:35 AM
NETGEAR Fanatic

adit is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Problem with SSL312 VPN Concentrator

Firefox = Java. The latest/installed Java may break the control.
Old January 28th, 2014, 04:29 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

williams226 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Problem with SSL312 VPN Concentrator

Hi

It was java that was the problem after updating the VPN has been working fine untill today.

I have checked and java is uptodate. Our SSL Certificate had expired. I have created a new one and I am getting an error saying the "Certificate Authority that issued the certificate cannot be trusted"

Even if i click accept and run the VPN tunnel it doesn nothing.

I am guessing it is being blocked possible by Java but I am not sure. The certificate was generated by using the SSL Concentrator program.

Any advice would be appreciated.