Old May 6th, 2012, 11:21 AM

RickN is on a distinguished road
Default DSL Speed Issue

I have a NetGear RangeMax WNDR3300v1 Wireless Router behind an AT&T supplied Motorola 2210 DSL modem which I received from AT&T as a replacement for my 11 year old Motorola modem. In recent months, I began noticing some speed degradation on the web so I engaged the AT&T tech support people who determined that my 11 year old modem was not holding the line speed, 3.0mbs max, and offered to send me the 2210 as replacement.

The 2210 arrived configured as though there would be a single computer connected and tech support helped me configure it for the "bridged ethernet" mode while my computer was connected directly to the modem bypassing the router. Using speedtest.net, I was seeing an almost constant 2.5mbs download and .43 upload which is within the parameters of my DSL Pro subscription. I was happy.

Then, I put the router back inline and speedtest.net began showing 1.5mbs and less, never more, but always .42 upload.

I have scoured the web and the manuals looking for some configuration value on the WNDR3300 that would affect the line speed and can find nothing. BTW, if I use att.com/speedtest, I am presented with 5.62mbps down and .41mbps up suggesting that someone is likely blowing smoke.

So, the question: is there something in the WNDR3300v1 configuration that might possibly affect the DSL connection speed?

Thanks for any assistance.
Old May 6th, 2012, 04:19 PM

jmizoguchi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DSL Speed Issue

wndr300 is no wired router .. it is wireless/wired router

belong to
http://forum1.netgear.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33
Old May 7th, 2012, 07:58 AM

RickN is on a distinguished road

Indeed it is. Thanks for pointing that out. Problem is resolved as of this morning and, as much as I hate to confess, the router being wired, wireless, or "bi-wired" has nothing to do with either the problem or the resolution,
Old May 7th, 2012, 09:03 AM

jmizoguchi is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds good...enjoy