Old April 2nd, 2012, 07:50 AM
NETGEAR Expert

w3wilkes is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ADSL light blinking and no connection to Internet

When you say CenturyLink are you in the old Qwest territory? If so you should verify your ADSL settings; VPI = 0, VCI = 32, DSL Mode = Auto, Transfer Mode = ATM. Or go to the Setup wizard and have it re-detect your connection type.
Old April 2nd, 2012, 08:00 AM
NETGEAR Expert

w3wilkes is on a distinguished road

One other thing to check (if Qwest). I've seen Qwest tech support tell people to use PPPoA (which is what most of Qwest is), but the connection actually required the PPPoE setting.
Old April 11th, 2012, 03:39 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

Sherlock_Holmes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtswerg View Post
I have exactly the same problem with my N600. I followed the recommended update to 1.0.0.17NA from .12. When the update completed, the router cycled. When it came back up, the DSL light was flashing rapidly and the internet LED didn't light at all.

I verified that the login and password on the Basic Settings page were correct and even checked with Century Link, my ISP, to make sure they were right. I also checked the phone cable and jack worked with a landline substituted for the 3700.

I spent a good 2 hours on the phone between Century Link and Netgear working on the issue with no success. Century Link verified that there did seem to be a line issue, but that it should only impact performance, not connectivity (appt. to fix scheduled for tomorrow).

Next steps included trying out the router with a new cable and a new jack. No success there, as well, even though a landline tested fine for both incoming and outgoing calls.

Finally, I downloaded a new copy of the .17 file and the .12 file. I reflashed the firmware with .17, disconnected everything for 10 minutes, and retried with no success. I, then re-installed .12. This, at least, got the DSL light to go solid green, but the internet light is now showing red. I re-verified my username and password with Century Link, but still no success.

Any suggestions? I'm about ready to retire the 3700 at this point.
I bought my DGND3700 today and just installed it and the exact same thing happened to me. It was working and as soon as I upgraded the firmware all I got was a blinking adsl light. I reset to factory setting twice & re-installed the firmware to no change. I knew my line was working as I could connect to the internet with the old modem. Anyway I figured I would load the original firmware back on and it worked straight away. I wonder if Netgear are aware of this issue? Not that it matters but my ISP is iinet. Everything else was good not 1 Disconnect tonight where I had been getting about 6 a day with the Belkin modem and router
Old April 19th, 2012, 08:05 AM

randem is on a distinguished road

HI

I have the same problem with version 17 - Netgear are working on a new version 19 but it is only in beta.

i have reverted back to version 12 and am sticking with that version until version 19 comes out
Old May 7th, 2012, 05:14 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

feisar32 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
This, at least, got the DSL light to go solid green, but the internet light is now showing red. I re-verified my username and password with Century Link, but still no success.

Don't know if this is the same issue, but hopefully will help you ...

I had issues with my DGND3700 whereby the DSL light would flash and the router would show the modem status as "Connected", but the internet light would be solid red, no IP for the ADSL interface, and connection status would always show as "Off"

Unfortunately Netgear support appeared clueless on this issue, advising not much more than a number of factory resets

Luckily my ISP indicated that the times I was trying to connect were categorised as "password error" issues at their end, and having read in a forum somewhere that the DGND3700 would ignore all characters following an ampersand I tried removing that, but the issue remained

On removing all "special" characters from my ISP password and going with a long alphanumeric I was finally able to connect

Still have a support case open with Netgear support, trying to get them to tell me what characters the field will / will not accept, and whether any other fields within the configuration suffer from the same limitation, but nothing as yet ...
Old May 8th, 2012, 12:55 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

feisar32 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by feisar32 View Post
On removing all "special" characters from my ISP password and going with a long alphanumeric I was finally able to connect

Still have a support case open with Netgear support, trying to get them to tell me what characters the field will / will not accept, and whether any other fields within the configuration suffer from the same limitation, but nothing as yet ...
Should've mentioned that I had the same issue whether on 1.0.0.12 or 1.0.0.17

Response from Netgear Support today:

"For password and name you cannot use any special characters."

A little on the ambiguous side I know, and obviously @ is acceptable in the username field or my connection (and presumably many others) would not be working ...
Old May 8th, 2012, 02:24 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

ggift_1029 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I have exactly the same problem with my N600. I followed the recommended update to 1.0.0.17NA from .12. When the update completed, the router cycled. When it came back up, the DSL light was flashing rapidly and the internet LED didn't light at all.

I verified that the login and password on the Basic Settings page were correct and even checked with Century Link, my ISP, to make sure they were right. I also checked the phone cable and jack worked with a landline substituted for the 3700.

I spent a good 2 hours on the phone between Century Link and Netgear working on the issue with no success. Century Link verified that there did seem to be a line issue, but that it should only impact performance, not connectivity (appt. to fix scheduled for tomorrow).

Next steps included trying out the router with a new cable and a new jack. No success there, as well, even though a landline tested fine for both incoming and outgoing calls.

Finally, I downloaded a new copy of the .17 file and the .12 file. I reflashed the firmware with .17, disconnected everything for 10 minutes, and retried with no success. I, then re-installed .12. This, at least, got the DSL light to go solid green, but the internet light is now showing red. I re-verified my username and password with Century Link, but still no success.

If you got the DSL light steady green, that's good. Go back to the GUI of the modem and go to the left-hand side, the first option there is Setup Wizard. Click on that and select Yes and click Next. It will detect the connection type. If it says PPPoE or PPPoA detected, just click Next and type the login and password from Centurylink and click Apply. Check then if the internet light is still red or green.
Old May 8th, 2012, 02:47 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

ggift_1029 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock_Holmes View Post
I bought my DGND3700 today and just installed it and the exact same thing happened to me. It was working and as soon as I upgraded the firmware all I got was a blinking adsl light. I reset to factory setting twice & re-installed the firmware to no change. I knew my line was working as I could connect to the internet with the old modem. Anyway I figured I would load the original firmware back on and it worked straight away. I wonder if Netgear are aware of this issue? Not that it matters but my ISP is iinet. Everything else was good not 1 Disconnect tonight where I had been getting about 6 a day with the Belkin modem and router
If you have the DSL light on solid green, most probably the line is working fine. If the Internet light is red or off, it is not a Firmware problem, it is more on the settings of that modem. It may have not configured properly. You can try to run the Setup Wizard on the NETGEAR GUI to let the modem detect the type of connection you have from the ISP. For Centurylink, most of them has DHCP. Most of Qwest subscribers has PPPoA connection, although some has PPPoE.
Old May 19th, 2012, 09:33 PM

flyorlando is on a distinguished road

Yep, blinky green light...

Out of the box I was able to get the DGND3700 up and running. Thought to check the firmware and version 1.0.0.17 was available. I D/L the correct version for North America. FLASHED. And DEAD. BLINKING SYNC LIGHT.

Connected my old modem, went to Netgear's site and d/l the old 1.0.0.12 firmware and FLASH. Solid green DSL Light....

I agree with raegten01... The NA 1.0.0.17 firmware version is buggy for me (AT&T DSL in Central Florida (Orlando). DSL will not sync up.

So, can the version 1 - DGND3700 router be identified as not have a trailing version number following the model number?

If so, after reading that there is a problem with V1 then have the retailers PULL THE PRODUCT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raegten01 View Post
OK everyone, thanks for your support.

I have now successfully connect to the net and this is the only process that worked.

Download the old firmware version: V1.0.0.12 and I had an immediate hook up to the internet provider. No rebooting required, so I would recommend to all in Australia that needs to connect to TPG to NOT UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE TO THE LATER VERSION WHEN INSTALLING THE MODEM / ROUTER.

Otherwise all is good and I'll sleep well tonight !!