Old July 10th, 2012, 09:55 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

freesunshine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: CG3000D Default gateway IP address

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmizoguchi View Post
this model is for ISP provide to customer.

firmware is COMCAST firmware NOT netgear firmware specific design for COMCAST user only and their needs.
Just to be clear...this gateway is NOT an ISP provided. I did not know that the ISP, Comcast, can push out their own firmware to customer own devices.

Therefore, as of right now, this gateway is now a cable modem only device, the routing function is gone. Luckily, I have another router I hooked up to my CG3000D, not so gateway but a cable modem.
Old July 10th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Banned

jmizoguchi is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Just to be clear...this gateway is NOT an ISP provided. I did not know that the ISP, Comcast, can push out their own firmware to customer own devices.
only way to tell is if user is user and password is password

if not then it has branded firmware and it is not firmware pushed to router ... already have branded firmware is possibility.

Retail purchase still can have comcast branded firmware since the region you live are comcast supported and most venue such as Best buy will sell corresponded devices and still are comcast branded firmware.

CG3000D is categories for broadband provider

http://www.netgear.com/service-provi...s/default.aspx
Old July 10th, 2012, 11:04 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

Arrow Re: CG3000D Default gateway IP address

Quote:
if not then it has branded firmware and it is not firmware pushed to router ... already have branded firmware is possibility.

Retail purchase still can have comcast branded firmware since the region you live are comcast supported and most venue such as Best buy will sell corresponded devices and still are comcast branded firmware.

CG3000D is categories for broadband provider http://www.netgear.com/service-provi...s/default.aspx
I understand what you're saying as to "Comcast branded firmware" and this gateway, CG3000D, being categorized as a broadband provider.

However, the funny thing is, when I first got this gateway, I had no problem logging in to Netgear (firmware) settings and there was no ISP branded firmware. The Comcast firmware only started after I hooked up Comcast internet service. Now, the gateway has Comcast firmware and the Netgear firmware is gone. One of the tech did said it might be possible that the ISP's firmware was pushed out in order for this gateway to work...then again, each time I talk to a Comcast rep, I hear different answers. Also, this gateway is not on Comcast's DOCSIS Device Compatibility and Capability list. This being said, I do believe is it possible that the ISP firmware can be pushed out to customer's own device.
Old July 10th, 2012, 11:13 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

Quote:
only way to tell is if user is user and password is password http://www.netgear.com/service-provi...s/default.aspx
PS...When I first got this gateway and logged in...It was user: admin pw: password. Which is default login for Netgear devices.
Old July 10th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Banned

then likely they have pushed the firmware.

you needy call comcast to get their user pass for this model

this work on business comcast smc

user cusadmin
pass highspeed

if this does not work and it has comcast firmware then you need to deal with comcast. Netgear support will not help you
Old July 10th, 2012, 01:47 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Quote:
then likely they have pushed the firmware.

you needy call comcast to get their user pass for this model

this work on business comcast smc

user cusadmin
pass highspeed

if this does not work and it has comcast firmware then you need to deal with comcast. Netgear support will not help you
Yep they sure did . And yes, you're absolutely correct regarding the user/password (I had to Google for that info...lol). Also, I've talked to Netgear and they could not help me as you have mentioned.

I don't know if you have dealt with Comcast in the past but, it is like talking to a wall. Anyway, since I had another router, I pretty much gave up and using the gateway as a cable modem. I was just curious about ISP pushing out their own firmware was possible.

Well, thanks for your input!
Old July 10th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Banned

I use comcast and I also have contract work for onsite Xfinity pc support services...

like said, from the retail purchases, there is probably some firmware that reaches comcast ftp server or something that updates it once it activates it.
Old September 11th, 2012, 04:22 PM

wildturk is on a distinguished road

What i am wondering is how you got this modem provisioned onto the system as i have been trying to get them to provision it now for a few weeks and they say with FIRM WORDS IT'S NOT SUPPORTED END OF DISCUSSION GOODBYE click. So give me the secret to getting this modem provisioned so i can send their unit back to them.
Old September 23rd, 2012, 07:19 PM

onlytp is on a distinguished road

I am having the same issue with activating comcast using this gateway. I am wondering if you had to change any settings in the gateway itself for activation? Currently the activation goes through the first couple of pages and then it gives an error stating the system cannot connect to the modem. On the call - it was the same issue - the customer rep was not able to see the connection coming in. Any help on how did you get this modem activated in the first place will be helpful
Old August 14th, 2013, 04:32 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

hdtv00 is on a distinguished road

HELP. It had been working for months , I left town 2 months, they(mediacom) shut off my service while i was gone, I came back they came out took off trap set it up and now I can't log into it anymore at all using 192.168.0.1 like I was doing all this time, and worse now I figured out I can log in using 192.168.100.1 but ALL of the damn wireless settings are now greyed out I can't turn on wireless at all. WTF did they do to it.