Old July 4th, 2013, 11:10 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

gabbers55 is on a distinguished road
Default Netgear N600 WNDR3700v3 (SSID not showing up)

Hello all first post here on the Netgear forums and really hoping the community can help me with my problem. This issue has been driving me insane, and before I get into the detail of my problem I want to say I do work for a IT company tech support so I have a good understand and general back round of networking and routers.

I purchased my router back in March of this year. Since doing so I have had a ongoing problem with my wireless network. No problem using the wired connection as I am on now. At first purchasing the router had no problems using the wireless network. About a few weeks later for some strange reason my SSID is no longer being broadcasted(On multiple devices). I followed all normal T/S procedures, factory reset the router, login to admin portal made sure the SSID was being broadcasted so on and so forth. Admin page showed wireless network was working fine and being broadcasted. At a complete lost I contacted Netgear support through email. They then gave me the normal deal of making sure I followed all there T/S procedures. The next day out of no were the SSID shows up and WIFI works.

Few months go by and now I am back in the same boat. Looking for any ideas or help with my issue of unable to see my SSID on MULTIPLE DEVICES even though the admin portal shows SSID working and being broadcasted.

Netgear N600 WNDR3700v3
Old July 4th, 2013, 11:45 AM
NETGEAR Addict

Devor is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Netgear N600 WNDR3700v3 (SSID not showing up)

Do you have a laptop? If so, you could try installing inSSIDer and see if the SSID shows up there. If the SSID does show up and at the same time not with the other devices, then the issue is with the other devices.
Router uptime (d:h:m:s): 1050:08:34:23

--
How To Check and Change Your Router's Firmware:
http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=63234
Old July 4th, 2013, 12:10 PM

jmizoguchi is an unknown quantity at this point

Every time you reset the unit it will always broadcast first with default "netgear"

I would change default Netgear SSID name to be sure you do not mix or conflict other user did not change their default SSID happen to own netgear routers

So other than that if broadcast of SSID checked and default SSID unique but does not show in wifi device than try reflash the firmware follow with hard reset and see if that helps

if still have an issues I would say you have some hardware related issues
Old July 4th, 2013, 12:37 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

gabbers55 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your replies. I do have two different laptops both that "were" connected to the network wireless before this issue has occurred. Both laptop are giving the same result as well as my smartphone. So thats three different devices that all can't see my SSID, I highly doubt it has anything to do with my hardware. I do understand already that by factory resetting the router I will get the default SSID "Netgear". I have already flashed firmware, factory rebooted the router, and tried changing the SSID to something other then the Netgear default SSID while making sure the enable SSID box is check in the admin page. Still with no luck. im at the point were I feel the routers wireless could be defective. is this a possibility?? I have submitted a ticket to netgear support so waiting to hear back from them
Old July 4th, 2013, 12:56 PM

Hardware failure was meant to said as router failure
Old July 16th, 2013, 10:52 AM

moemoody1 is on a distinguished road

Have you had any response? I am having the same issue.
Old July 16th, 2013, 11:52 AM
NETGEAR Addict

Joe_ is on a distinguished road

If you did all that was suggested on this thread and have come to the conclusion your router's wifi conked out, then please open your own case with Netgear. I doubt very much even if gabbers55 got a response from Netgear, it'll have any bearing with your own case. In issues like this they may choose to deal with each case on its own merits before issuing an RMA.

Last edited by Mars Mug; July 17th, 2013 at 12:17 AM.
Old October 31st, 2013, 03:51 PM

voicework is on a distinguished road

I have a DG834G and I'm having the same problem - only difference is that my SSID is not viewable on devices such as the Netgear Wifi Extender, my printer (which was attached fine until power blackout the other night). It is viewable and works fine for mobile phone and laptop!

Funny thing is the extender SSID is viewable while the main network is not. Yes, to all the other things gabber55 has done - it's being broadcast, etc. Just not present while attempting to connect peripherals. Also WPS doesn't work at all! I've tried manually connecting and WPS. Restarted router numerous times, etc.

What is it with this?? Totally frustrating.
Old October 31st, 2013, 07:17 PM

Sounds like power outage make damaged the router