Old November 13th, 2007, 04:57 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

gleesona is on a distinguished road
Default WPN111 Problem

So I'm having a wierd problem. I bought my adapter in August, and up until last week it was working fine - a little slow but thats because of the range. Last week the connection slowed to a crawl, I couldn't even log onto messenger. I was downloading at 36 Bytes per second. BYTES!!! Frickin dial-up is faster than that. Anyway, I thought it was the driver, so I got a new one online (using Vista by the way). I installed it again, no problems. Or so I thought. After it was "successfully" installed, I opened the wireless control panel. Not connected. The WEP was correct and I could detect the router, but it wasn't connected for some reason. The blue light on the adapter doesn't even light up anymore. I've re-installed it multiple times, but still nothing. I hope its not broken - I don't want to buy a new one. The thing is, even though there is no light, I can still detect the router.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated. I practically live online, and need my connection running asap.
Old November 14th, 2007, 04:14 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Default Re: WPN111 Problem

Does nobody know the solution to my problem? Ah, I'll wait.
Old November 18th, 2007, 07:01 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

So I sort of fixed it. I downloaded the v1.1 driver (pretty sire its 1.1) and installed that instead of the v2.0. Now the light is on and flashes like it should, but I don't get the opportunity to connect to my router. When I click on the icon, the screen pops up, but it dissapears a second later. I'm trying to find a solution to this problem, but at least I know that my adapter isn't broken.
Old November 19th, 2007, 05:15 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Fixed it completely. Once you have the driver installed, you have to set up the network in the Network and Sharing Center. Click on the Connect to a Network option, I think its in the left side panel, and connect to your router from there. I'm not sure if it works with the 2.0 update, but it works with the 1.1 anyway. I hope this helps those out there with the same problem.
Old November 27th, 2007, 02:56 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

jkinline is on a distinguished road

I'm having a problem with 2.0 ver also. Does the netgear utility "see" the wpn111? when using 2.0 the utility will not recognize the the adapter. How is you speed and connectivity?
Old November 27th, 2007, 11:55 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

yeah, it can find the adapter, even the router, but just wouldn't connect. My connection speed is pretty slow, but thats because of the distance away from the router.