Go Back   NETGEAR Forums > Home Products > Wireless Networking Products for SOHO applications > Wireless Router & Modem Gateways > 802.11b/g/n Routers > All 802.11 b/g/n Routers

Old February 13th, 2014, 10:39 AM
NETGEAR Addict

Joe_ is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Change Password on N300 Router

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarkow1 View Post
It's model is WND2000v4 (I think) and I have looked at the manual but have not been able to find any instructions on changing the default access password.
That sounds like a WNR2000v4. See page 20 of the User Manual for the correct place to look.

Quote:
I just don't think it's necessary to do so to change a password, do you?
I don't either. It's the first I'm hearing about Netgear Tech Support wanting remote access to a person's PC.

Quote:
I keep a file with all the network settings in a safe spot...
That sounds OK, but like michaelkenward said you could always do a factory reset. For people who have a lot of settings it could be troublesome to do a factory reset because it'll mean losing everything. I don't think that's so in your case.
Old February 13th, 2014, 12:26 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

jmarkow1 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Change Password on N300 Router

Joe,
I just wanted to let you know that your directions worked beautifully except that it's under Advanced/Adminstration/Set Password.
Again, thank you.
Just the fact that the wireless has to be set up with a domain as its Internet setup makes for a few more settings than the average open network, but as long as we have the IP/Gateway/DNS on hand, resetting it isn't a biggie. I inherited this network from someone who walked out one day and all he did was throw his keys and two passwords on the mgr's desk, no documentation at all, so it's been a little challenging to pull everything together. But we're bumbling along quite nicely now.
Old February 14th, 2014, 10:54 AM
NETGEAR Fanatic

Mars Mug is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Change Password on N300 Routher

Quote:
Mars Mug,

I know how it's done; I just don't think it's necessary to do so to change a password, do you?
I was replying to Joe_, and in particular the assertion that this was suspicious, unecessary yes, suspicious no.

My name is Andy.

Last edited by Mars Mug; February 14th, 2014 at 11:02 AM.