Old August 12th, 2009, 06:29 AM
Advanced NETGEAR User

Bugsy2005 is on a distinguished road
Default EVA8000 and BBC iPlayer WMV with DRM

Tonight I intend to attempt to get my EVA8000 working playing BBC iPlayer content from my Windows Home Servr (WHS). I have found some documentation explaining that you need to implement WMP11 on the WHS and configuration library sharing etc.

However, one thing I can not find a definative answer to is whether you need to launch the iPlayer WMV file in WMP Before you try and access it from the EVA

If I download iPlayer content from the bbc and place it in a monitored folder on the WHS providing the EVA has scanned for new content..

All this so my daughter can watch Eastenders in her room on the EVA...Eastenders I ask you..hardly worth the electrons in my opinion (but may get me a few brownie points)
Old August 12th, 2009, 10:09 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Cobit5 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: EVA8000 and BBC iPlayer WMV with DRM

you have to play a snippet of the file in wmp as this downloads the drm licence file.

I'm hoping the iplayer freestat service which allegedly launches in October will make this process redundant.
Old August 16th, 2009, 01:16 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

locksh is on a distinguished road
Default Re: EVA8000 and BBC iPlayer WMV with DRM

I have played BBC iPlayer content on my eva8000 successfully. However I did it using my vista PC not my WHS. You don't need to play the clip through WMP. To be honest it was so much hassle getting this working I don't think it was worth it.