Go Back   NETGEAR Forums > Home Products > Wireless Networking Products for SOHO applications > Wireless Adapters > RangeMax Adapters

Old December 13th, 2012, 10:15 AM

jaweaver is on a distinguished road
Default WNA1100 and Win8 Beta Driver

Hello...

I recently upgraded to from Win7 to Win8 and loaded the beta driver for the WNA1100 (v10.0.0.20 10/15/12). Since making that change, connection quality between the PC and AP has gone from excellent to barely useable. Packet loss is consistantly 50% and available bandwidth has been cut in half.

Before and after the upgrade, signal strength has been staying in the -68 to -75dBm range.

I was wondering if there was anything settings-wise that I could change to try to improve the connection quality? Some things that I have already tried was to force 802.11b only, change RTS/CTS settings on the AP side, increasing transmit/receive buffers on the PC side.

I was also wondering when an updated driver would become available for download, or if there is somewhere that I could get a later version at this time, even if it is not ready for "prime time" yet I would still be willing to try it as anything would be better than what I have right now.

If there is anything that I can do assist in resolving this issue please let me know!

Thank you!
Old December 13th, 2012, 04:24 PM
NETGEAR Fanatic

jmizoguchi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WNA1100 and Win8 Beta Driver

duplicate
http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=82155
*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

Most Other Useful Docs -"General Technical Documentation", "Router Reset", "Router Setup", "Print Server Tips", "Remote Admin"
"Wireless Tips"

Forum Policy

June Mizoguchi-i....@vpncasestudy.com