Old January 16th, 2011, 04:09 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

pac is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Push2TV and dm4-1165

I get the same error - did you ever get it to work? Think I'm going to return it and try something else.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 10:28 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

KJinCNJ is on a distinguished road

OMG this whole experience has been crazy!! I thought this "Push 2 TV" was going to be the "end all" to my frustrations in getting my new laptop connected to my Panasonic Plasma TV" Instead I am ready to fling this dam PC across the room. NOTHING seems to fix my problem. I think the people in the Video advertisement pushing the "PVT1000" when I set up this new laptop must have been on crack Then when I am finally going totally crazy and try to register to use this forum to get help, I had to re-type the security word 4 times, and then the "second security" 3 times before I finally got it right. Jeez Netgear, it's a forum, not the pentagon for god sakes. Then when I finally get in and type a whole dissertation explaining my problem, I get kicked out and lose everything because my time expired. My patience is totally done It's no wonder more people don't post in the forums, it almost impossible, especially when you are at the end of your rope.

Anyway, I am having the issue "Could not obtain network address" after my laptop successfully passes the security. The green light blinks and I get the error message. I have tried everything twice. Installing the driver, reinstalling the software, re-installing the driver, re-installing the driver and software, removed the Macafee from my pc, turned of my Norton firewall, stood 12" away from the box, kneeled next to the box and re-tried, sat next to the box and talked to it, even begged it to work for god sakes... LOL, this is nuts. I am loosing it.

Is there any hope? I dumped my Sony Streaming player, my Seagate GoFlex TV and purchased this bloody $700 laptop in the hopes that I would finally be able to simply connect to a screen. At this point, I don't care if I connect anymore Its just a mission of madness. Please don't tell me that my laptop is not compatible. It is the same one as the original poster's and it has a giant sticker on it "Intel WiDi ready" in addition to that, when I opened turned this dam thing on for the first time, the first advertisement I saw was the Video of the people all smiles with their new "Push 2 TV" and how easy it is. Yeah Right LOL. If anyone has an real answer to the connection issue, please help.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 12:05 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Hi Folks, I FINALLY figured it out after re-scrutinizing the old forums and googling the error message. I simply re-downloaded a bunch of Intel software. It worked and this is super cool. This is the link I followed:

http://www.intel.com/support/wireles.../CS-031109.htm

A few tricks:

1) You must download the first three updates in order. the 1st download is confusing as there are two entries for 64 Bit and they look the same. I just picked the first one (My Laptop is an HP dm4-1160us)

2) When each download finishes, it ask's you to reboot. Say NO (later) If you restart, at least save the above link so you know where to resume. If you lose your wireless connection, simply double click on it and disconnect from your wifi network, then reconnect. Your connection will work again without re-booting.

3) Once the three downloads are complete and you are have rebooted, you will be asked to change a few things like the location (Living rm) and you will have to ack. the terms of software. Then you should be on your way. I actually opened my "Intel WiFi Technology" icon and was able to watch the PVT jump onto my "Connected Devices" area and show an IP address.

4) It did say that there is a wireless update available do I want to install it. I said NO!!!! (I think thats what started this mess)

Hope this info helps. I am sooo glad I didnt send the box back as I purchased on Ebay barnd new sealed for $49 with free shipping.

KJ
Old January 23rd, 2011, 12:06 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Hi Folks, I FINALLY figured it out after re-scrutinizing the old forums. I simply re-downloaded a bunch of Intel software. It worked and this is super cool. This is the link I followed:

http://www.intel.com/support/wireles.../CS-031109.htm

A few tricks:

1) You must download the first three updates in order. the 1st download is confusing as there are two entries for 64 Bit and they look the same. I just picked the first one (My Laptop is an HP dm4-1160us)

2) When each download finishes, it ask's you to reboot. Say NO (later) If you restart, at least save the above link so you know where to resume. If you lose your wireless connection, simply double click on it and disconnect from your wifi network, then reconnect. Your connection will work again without re-booting.

3) Once the three downloads are complete and you are have rebooted, you will be asked to change a few things like the location (Living rm) and you will have to ack. the terms of software. Then you should be on your way. I actually opened my "Intel WiFi Technology" icon and was able to watch the PVT jump onto my "Connected Devices" area and show an IP address.

4) It did say that there is a wireless update available do I want to install it. I said NO!!!! (I think thats what started this mess)

Hope this info helps. I am sooo glad I didnt send the box back as I purchased on Ebay barnd new sealed for $49 with free shipping.

KJ
Old March 26th, 2011, 11:48 AM

takethebridge is on a distinguished road

I fell the same way. Just received my new 17" Del XPS i7 (2nd Gen) fully loaded and couldn't wait to hook it up to a neatgear push2tv I recently picked up but the fragge'n thing wont connect! I tried everything listed here as well as two hours with tech support from Dell and a half hour with Netgear. Not to offend but I could understand the guys due to their accent. What im finding is that PTV's are not compatible yet with Intel wireless v14 software which all the new LT's come with. V13 appears to work ok for most. I have spent the past two days trying to get this to work and after countless install. dump, reinstalls, I am giving up in hopes that the PTV2000 will have its S**t together.

The product should not have been launched with this many problems. I have lost any faith in Netgear products.

So glad I spent $1700 on a new LT. The guy who is upset for spending $700 should be thankful lol.