Old June 1st, 2011, 12:28 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

sleepydumbdude is on a distinguished road
Default WNR3500L just stops being connected and sending out ssid

Started about two days ago I kept losing connection. I seem to lose it when I connect via xbox or stream to my tv. It stayed connected for a few minutes up to around an hour then just stops and the blue light indicating that it is transmitting wifi goes off. None of the wireless devices can find the ssid.
Also the computer I hooked directly up to it with stops working too. I am not even to able to log into the router without rebooting the thing.
I've all ready tried replacing the ethernet cables. I also updated the firmware to the newest on this site. Also master reset the thing and haven't change any setting in it since doing so. If I plug the computer directly to the modem or to my old router I have no problem.
I also took it to my neighbors who has a different service provider and it did the same thing to him in a few minutes.
Not sure what else to try here.
Old June 1st, 2011, 02:20 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

_Wolverine_ is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WNR3500L just stops being connected and sending out ssid

Could you try putting the public DNS on your router.
Primary: 4.2.2.2
Secondary: 4.2.2.3
Old June 1st, 2011, 04:11 PM
Banned

jmizoguchi is an unknown quantity at this point

if the wireless LED shows no wireless nor you can not scan the wireless SSID, DNS change will not fix the issues unless pc wired to the router does the same

http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/
try use this tool and scan your surrounding. make sure your wireless is not using same channel near you that is over powering. in that case you will loose the wireless is expected.

check the surrounding and use channel 1,6, 11 for choices and see
Old June 1st, 2011, 05:42 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Yeah I checked that tool from another post I tried earlier. It did help bring it from 4 bars in one of my rooms to 5 but the internet still stopped working on it. Going to try the dns now to see if it does anything. It seems like it only stops working when I start streaming or playing a game and I a computer to browse at the same time.
Old June 1st, 2011, 06:49 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

OK it did it again but this time I just lost network connection but the SSID didn't go away. I could still connect to it just couldn't get internet access. That was after the DNS change.
Old June 2nd, 2011, 03:35 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Ok I reset the router again. Went in and changed the channel and dns. Before I went to work I only connected my laptop to it wirelessly and nothing else. Then I let the laptop start uploading music to amazon cloud because I know it would use much of the internet like the streaming. When I came home 9 hours later the ssid was still broadcasting but my laptop would not reconnect nor would another laptop I had or my phone. Also the computer connected to it lost connection too.
Old June 6th, 2011, 10:52 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

The router was bad or something. It stopped even allowing a connection even if it was hooked up to a network. A guy I new at a local PC shop had a 3500l I brought mine in and showed him how it was stopping a connecting and he reset it and tried some stuff. The thing just closed off any connect to it within a few minutes. Then he opened up a new 3500l and we had it connected for about 20 minutes. I got a new different wireless n router from him. Might mess around with this and try new firmware but not getting my hopes up.