Old February 17th, 2010, 11:07 AM

matteusorlac is on a distinguished road
Angry WNDA3100 drivers for Windows 7

...For the love of god!! There are thousands and thousands of people all over the internet screaming for WIN 7 drivers for the WNDA3100 USB Wireless adapter. What is going on, netgear?!
Old February 17th, 2010, 12:26 PM

jmizoguchi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WNDA3100 drivers for Windows 7

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/de...07/r_id/100109
Old February 18th, 2010, 05:09 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

mainardgcrebs is on a distinguished road

two of my computers at home did not recognize the adapter WNDA3100,I DOWNLOADED V2 BUT NO LUCK, I HAVE A RANGEMAX DUALBAND WIRELESS N ROUTER IN MY OFFICE UPSTAIRS. ITS WORKING FINE BUT WHEN I TRY TO USE ADAPTER , ITS NOT RECOGNIZED?
Old February 18th, 2010, 05:10 PM

jmizoguchi is an unknown quantity at this point

you can NOT use V2 driver on V1 period
Old February 18th, 2010, 07:09 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

raging_blitzer is on a distinguished road

recognition is different from driver installation. even without drivers the PC should say something like it has found a new hardware or something when you connect the USB on the port. check the device manager if there is anything indicated as Unknown Device. if the USB is not being detected by the PC, it could be a faulty USB port or a faulty USB adapter. try connecting it to other PC to isolate first which is it.
Old March 5th, 2010, 05:58 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

mainardgcrebs is on a distinguished road

Has anyone found a fix, i just bought 2 wnda3100 adapters and they wont install on windows 7. Windows 7 compatibility site says they are working on it?????? Are they??????
Old March 6th, 2010, 11:18 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

curlysir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainardgcrebs View Post
Has anyone found a fix, i just bought 2 wnda3100 adapters and they wont install on windows 7. Windows 7 compatibility site says they are working on it?????? Are they??????
Do you have anti-virus or firewall software? If so, try removing the software and see if it will install. I use ZoneAlarm and had to remove the program before I could get the adapter to work. Once I got the adapter to work I reinstalled ZA and the adapter is working. Just turning off the software did not work, I had to use the remove program option before the adapter would work.
Old March 19th, 2010, 06:19 AM

YBS1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlysir View Post
Do you have anti-virus or firewall software? If so, try removing the software and see if it will install. I use ZoneAlarm and had to remove the program before I could get the adapter to work. Once I got the adapter to work I reinstalled ZA and the adapter is working. Just turning off the software did not work, I had to use the remove program option before the adapter would work.
Anyone having issues getting a wireless adapter to install should take this advice regardless of brand. I use Kaspersky and had the same issues. My WNDA3100v2 absolutely refused to install no matter what I tried, even completely disabling Kaspersky from startup didn't help the situation. I had to uninstall, install and setup the adapter, then reinstall Kaspersky, after that it worked fine. I had the same issue before using a Linksys WUSB300N.
Old March 20th, 2010, 05:54 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

curlysir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBS1 View Post
Anyone having issues getting a wireless adapter to install should take this advice regardless of brand. I use Kaspersky and had the same issues. My WNDA3100v2 absolutely refused to install no matter what I tried, even completely disabling Kaspersky from startup didn't help the situation. I had to uninstall, install and setup the adapter, then reinstall Kaspersky, after that it worked fine. I had the same issue before using a Linksys WUSB300N.
I have confirmed that is not just a Netgear problem. I have had this problem with D-Link, Linksys and Asus adapters also. Seems to be more of a problem with the 64 bit version but may also be a problem on the 32 bit version. The adapters will work fine on a system using Windows 7 32bit and the windows anti virus and firewall. To get any of the above brands to work on 64 bit Windows 7 I have to first remove Zone Alarm and install the adapter and then reinstall ZA. Kaspersky, as stated above also causes the same problem. I don't know about other 3rd party Anti virus or firewalls, but if you have tried everything else if might be worth trying removing the software and see if the adapter works.
Old March 24th, 2010, 07:12 PM

Sproing is on a distinguished road

I'm having trouble getting an older Gateway running Win XP Home SP3 to connect with a desktop running Win 7 Premium. It shows connected with a strong signal...heck it's only about 10 feet from the wireless DSL modem...but when I try to connect to either the Internet or the other computer I get nothing in reply. It's sending data but getting nothing back.

I've tried installing it on the desktop itself but it can't find an approproiate driver even though I downloaded the latest one Netgera has for the WNDA3100 v1 which works on the laptop. Very strange behavior.

On my home system which is running Win 7 Professional 64 bit w/4 gigs and an AMD Phenom 9950 as soon as I plug it in it installs and the driver pops up in device manager just as slick as you could possibly want. By the way the driver shows up as "Atheros 3.1.0.101 built by WnDDK" 9/25/2008 and is named WNDA31vx.sys.

This is a real problem as no three machines exhibit the same problem.