Go Back   NETGEAR Forums > Home Products > Wireless Networking Products for SOHO applications > Wireless Router & Modem Gateways > 802.11b/g/n Routers > All 802.11 b/g/n Routers

Old February 6th, 2013, 02:30 PM

hechicero is on a distinguished road
Default Readyshare: some files disappear

This is the last I'm trying to eventually solve this prob.
A USB HD is attached via USB to my WNDR3700. I can reach everything perfectly from my Mac.
I use the media server 'readyshare' on a panasonic TV and a ps3. Even that works fine.
On that HD are video files in all formats in different folders.
From time to time some of these folders disappear (in the media player). When I do rename these folders they appear visible again and all files are playable and working, but just for maybe hours or a few days, then they disappear again. There is no difference between the visible and invisible folders regarding to types of files or something. But they are always the same folders who disappear again after renaming.
Any idea what could help in this case ? To me it seems like the readyshare isn't refreshing right or at least goes back after a few hours or days to the old status . I did not post what kind of HD it is, because I guess it doesn't matter....in my case.
so I don't want to rename my folders every one and then, so any ideas ?
Old February 6th, 2013, 05:13 PM

comda66 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Readyshare: some files disappear

I'm having exactly the same problems with files appearing/disappearing as well but for a D6300.

I'm using a Panasonic TV with a 1TB Seagate HDD
Old February 17th, 2013, 01:38 PM

hechicero is on a distinguished road

Nobody ?
Any ideas ?
Old February 25th, 2013, 01:34 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

adrenalize is on a distinguished road

I've seen quite a few people comment on this on several routers - but no one ever seems to find a solution! Sorry!
Old February 25th, 2013, 02:49 PM
NETGEAR Addict

Devor is on a distinguished road

The truth is, ReadyShare in any form is a gimmick. Anyone serious about file sharing should purchase a NAS. When a vendor crams what should be multiple larger devices into one small single package there is bound to be limitations and failings. I purchased the WNDR3700v1 router for it's wireless range, not some pretend feature. Sorry for being blunt and I mean no disrespect, that's how I view ReadyShare.

In the meantime, here are a couple of things you could try. Reboot the router. Try deleting the hidden ReadyShare files and have the router rebuild the index. Toggle the "Media Server" (DLNA) and click apply each time. Make sure the automatic "Content Scan" is enabled or click "Scan Now". If these suggestions fail to fix the issue, purchase a real NAS device.
Router uptime (d:h:m:s): 1050:08:34:23

--
How To Check and Change Your Router's Firmware:
http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=63234