Go Back   NETGEAR Forums > Home Products > Wireless Networking Products for SOHO applications > Wireless Adapters > RangeMax Adapters

Old December 18th, 2009, 09:03 PM

mattjlho is on a distinguished road
Default WN111 adaptor not picking up signal

I bought the netgear wn111 usb wireless adapter for my new computer recently. i've downloaded the latest software and drivers from the netgear website and installed them as per instructions however when it gets to the part where i have to insert the adapter in, the wizard which is meant to walk through setting up an internet connection just keeps closing within seconds of it opening. also when i manually try to start the program it'll also close. I've also attempted to using windows utility to set it up but to no luck. i'm currently running windows 7 home prem, is anyone getting similiar problems?
Old December 18th, 2009, 10:22 PM
Advanced NETGEAR Expert

sagada2008 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WN111 adaptor not picking up signal

Hi,

First of all, make sure that you have the WN111v2. Version 1 is not compatible on Windows 7.

You may also try installing it on another USB port or another computer to isolate the problem.

Old December 19th, 2009, 12:03 AM

mattjlho is on a distinguished road

yeah im using the wn111v2 drivers also i've tested it on my eeepc which runs xp and my old desktop which runs vista 32bit and both work. I've tested the adapter on all 10 usb ports on my new comp including reinstalling it with each new port but all ends with same result
Old December 25th, 2009, 08:15 PM

PeterUK is on a distinguished road

I'm having much the same issue with the same adapter on Windows 7 Premium x64. Tried multiple drivers (Netgear's own along with the Atheros ones) to no avail. It sees the adapter and adds it to Networking but I can't select any networks. Sometimes Netgear's own connection tool will actually stay open, but a Scan shows no networks. When I go to the Network adapter in the connections area, it says it's connected but the network SSID is blank and it says I'm connected at like 412 gbps.
Old February 13th, 2010, 05:45 PM

lloydy is on a distinguished road

i pritty much getting the same thing here and it just not picking up any signal witch suck hope someone can help me here too asap