Go Back   NETGEAR Forums > Home Products > Wireless Networking Products for SOHO applications > Wireless Router & Modem Gateways > 802.11b/g/n Routers > All 802.11 b/g/n Routers

Old March 21st, 2011, 09:35 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

badactuary is on a distinguished road
Default Cable internet connection painfully slow

I have a wireless N router model number WNR834Bv2 hooked into a Motorola SB6120 modem. Speedtest.net shows download speeds 3-5Mbps and upload speed 1-3Mbps. I am pretty sure the problem is in the router, because when I bypass the router and link my computer directly to the modem via ethernet cable my download speed shoots up to 30Mbps (although for some reason the upload speed went down to 1.3Mbps).

The modem was purchased today because the genius at Comcast told me he was "100% certain" my connection speed issues were related to the fact that my old modem was a DOCSIS 2.0 modem. In fact when I installed the new modem, my connection speed actually got worse.

My question is how do I reconfigure the router settings to not have a 90% decrease in connection speed when I go through the router? To complicate matters for some reason when I try to login to change my router settings using the http://192.168.1.1 web address, most times the web page will not load correctly, time out or just freeze up.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old March 26th, 2011, 06:45 AM

rlk is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cable internet connection painfully slow

I have the same problem. Please help.
Old March 26th, 2011, 02:43 PM

rtwaltz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cable internet connection painfully slow

I would try a 'factory reset'.