Old July 21st, 2007, 10:39 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

Jason_369 is on a distinguished road
Default Router Log-In?

Heya,
I've been having difficulties with my router since I bought it so I took a break from it for several months and now am back to trying, however, I cannot log into the router
On the instruction manual it says to log in with this URL: www.routerlogin.net -- but when I try this I get some useless support page, so I'm guessing the URL has changed or there's a different method of logging into the router ... so, my question; Can someone inform me how to log into my router please?

Router Model: Netgear WGT624 108 Mbps Wireless Router
Old July 21st, 2007, 11:59 AM
NETGEAR Expert

simple is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Router Log-In?

what do you mean by a useless support page?

start, run, cmd
ipconfig
note the gateway ip address 192.168.0.1 maybe
put that into IE
Old July 23rd, 2007, 10:23 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

Well visit the URL I provided and you'll see, it provides no constructive support and by no means is there a router log in.

Why would I run the command of IPCONFIG?
Old July 23rd, 2007, 10:41 AM
NETGEAR Fanatic

Mars Mug is on a distinguished road

The router is meant to intercept that URL to bring up its own configuration pages, but when that process fails people are often taken to an actual web site which I agree is not what you expect and therefore from that point of view could be considered useless.

The reason to use ipconfig is to confirm the address of the Gateway, which should be the address of the router. Using the IP address instead of the URL should hopefully take you to the routerís own configuration pages via the login screen, and since itís a private IP address it certainly should not take you off on an Internet wild goose chase.

So with the IP address of the gateway found you would type it into a browser window for example http://192.168.1.1

My name is Andy.
Old July 26th, 2007, 05:15 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Ah right OK, thank you.
So I basically IPCONFIG and find out what the 'default gateway' is and then type that address into Internet Explorer and I should be taken to my Routers AdminCP, correct?
Old October 15th, 2007, 12:12 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

NT2DK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_369 View Post
Heya,
I've been having difficulties with my router since I bought it so I took a break from it for several months and now am back to trying, however, I cannot log into the router
On the instruction manual it says to log in with this URL: www.routerlogin.net -- but when I try this I get some useless support page, so I'm guessing the URL has changed or there's a different method of logging into the router ... so, my question; Can someone inform me how to log into my router please?

Router Model: Netgear WGT624 108 Mbps Wireless Router
Hi Jason, no it hasn't changed. It should give you a web based browser for your wireless and basic settings for your router. The options should appear on the left hand panel. The only ones you need to worry about are BASIC SETTINGS and WIRELESS SETTINGS.
Old May 24th, 2012, 06:51 PM

BB252 is on a distinguished road

I recently changed my security from a WPA2 to WEP, so that bonjour for itunes to work. But now I can't access my router, because the settings set on my computer does not match my network. So Is there a way that I can reverse what I did? I would appreciate any help. Not very technical with stuff.
Old May 24th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Banned

jmizoguchi is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB252 View Post
I recently changed my security from a WPA2 to WEP, so that bonjour for itunes to work. But now I can't access my router, because the settings set on my computer does not match my network. So Is there a way that I can reverse what I did? I would appreciate any help. Not very technical with stuff.
delete old wifi profile on pc's network settings