Go Back   NETGEAR Forums > Home Products > Wireless Networking Products for SOHO applications > Wireless Router & Modem Gateways > 802.11b/g/n Routers > All 802.11 b/g/n Routers

Old August 4th, 2007, 09:39 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Trooper5010 is on a distinguished road
Default I tried port forwarding, now my online programs and games don't work

I tried online port fowarding to have my games host, currently I had tried the port forwarding for starcraft. But the only thing is I do not know what happened in the process... I was following an online site that I had found, how to forward ports to make games host on Warcraft 3/Starcraft exe. and I did all that it told me. The port number for Starcraft is 6112 and I had done that for TCP/UDP and I had added the server IP address. But I must have done something wrong, because now I not only cannot host games, I cannot even go online with Starcraft. I also have a file sharing program called Limewire, which also does not work online anymore, which i think is for the same reason why my Starcraft program does not work anymore. I tried restarting my computer, reinstalling the game, and Limewire, but nothing seems to be working. Please could someone reply to this, and tell me how to either un-do all of the things I did, or to show me the correct way to port forward in order for me to host games on my Starcraft game.

the model number of the router is WGT624 v3
Old August 7th, 2007, 09:23 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

visevo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I tried port forwarding, now my online programs and games don't work

You may want to restore factory settings on your router. You can do this by holding down the reset button for 10-20 seconds on the back of your router.

I am having a similar problem, I can't host starcraft games, I've tried forwarding port 6112, but even though I have the service enabled, the port won't open up.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Old August 9th, 2007, 03:14 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Default If I restore my router to factory settings...?

I am having some problems with my router playing online games, trying to forward some ports.. so a freind suggested that I should restore my router to factory settings. My question was what does it remove when it restores factory settings? Do I lose my IP address? Do I need to configure all of my computers to the router again? exe. Please Help.
Old August 9th, 2007, 04:00 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Default Re: If I restore my router to factory settings...?

oh, yes, and I have a WGT624 V3 model router
Old August 9th, 2007, 05:57 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Default Re: I tried port forwarding, now my online programs and games don't work

I tried rebooting my router, but that didnt seem to work!.. this might help but what the attention message say, was; "If you are using a modem to access your server provider and are not configured for Dialup Networking, you may have to initiate the connection manually.".... what does that mean? and are there any other options that I can try to return to my normal settings?
Old August 9th, 2007, 10:46 PM
NETGEAR Fanatic

Mars Mug is on a distinguished road

A factory reset of the router clears all settings, including security passwords, wireless keys, forwarding rules etc. You will need to set up the router again, but if the PCs are set to obtain IP addresses automatically you should not need to make any changes to them, if you are using static IP addresses then you just need to make sure there are no conflicts especially if you have changed the router base address.

My name is Andy.
Old August 9th, 2007, 10:49 PM
NETGEAR Fanatic

Mars Mug is on a distinguished road

Do you have the Windows option ‘Always Dial A Connection’ set in the dial up settings (Internet Options)?

My name is Andy.
Old August 9th, 2007, 10:51 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Nope, it's not that.. the settings are set to Never dial a Connection
Old August 9th, 2007, 11:03 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Ok, thank you so much. That helped alot
Old August 10th, 2007, 02:43 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Amasa is on a distinguished road

Did you check your firewall log to see if there is any thing there that might not be allowing you to do this?