But there is no hard reset at WGT624v3.
Please help to reset it.

Thanks,
kiwi0830
Old August 30th, 2007, 01:44 PM
NETGEAR Addict

Netgear1-9A-Z is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How to reset WGT624v3?

The reset button is on the back of the router near the antenna.
Old February 25th, 2011, 08:41 PM

sorchiaz is on a distinguished road

there is NO BUTTON on the back of this router by the antenna or anywhere else. perhaps V3 is different?
Old February 25th, 2011, 09:24 PM

jmizoguchi is an unknown quantity at this point

there is ... small hole which easily missed

see router reset on my sig below
Old September 5th, 2012, 11:47 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

trini123 is on a distinguished road

Thank you! Plugged lan (WGT) to lan (WNR2000) and nothing (but lights green), then hard reset and nothing, then followed your instructions on unplugging and resetting while plugging back in and then WNR recognized WGT and stuff came (Smart wizard for wgt) on routerlogin to install WGT (but no wireless connection light on the latter which I assume is okay since it was now just another device plugged into the WNR). The IP address was missing for both the WGT and laptop and laptop said desktop was fixing all (guess that meant the smart wizard to set IP to not conflict with laptop etc.). However, I did not want to install it now so I just took it out and unplugged/plugged as usual and with held breath got back online ok. So I guess this means the WGT is alive (cannot tell if barely or well) and can be reinstalled if needed?

Thank you again. I had actually thrown out the WGT but retrieved it to check just in case. Whew! I guess the WNR being more up to date should work better but one never knows.

One more question: Is it possible to download on say a flashdrive, the latest available firmware for the WGT in case I need it? Or does it only download on hardwired computer and to which device is attached?

Thanks again, you are a big help. If I had known of this community last week I could have saved a trip to the store, but always good to have a backup router just in case
Old September 5th, 2012, 11:58 AM

jmizoguchi is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
One more question: Is it possible to download on say a flashdrive, the latest available firmware for the WGT in case I need it? Or does it only download on hardwired computer and to which device is attached?
http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=30453

try tftp and see but still fail.. it's done
Old September 5th, 2012, 12:09 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

trini123 is on a distinguished road

Thank you! Plugged lan (WGT) to lan (WNR2000) and nothing (but lights green), then hard reset and nothing, then followed your instructions on unplugging and resetting while plugging back in and then WNR recognized WGT and stuff came (Smart wizard for wgt) on routerlogin to install WGT (but no wireless connection light on the latter which I assume is okay since it was now just another device plugged into the WNR). The IP address was missing for both the WGT and laptop and laptop said desktop was fixing all (guess that meant the smart wizard to set IP to not conflict with laptop etc.). However, I did not want to install it now so I just took it out and unplugged/plugged as usual and with held breath got back online ok. So I guess this means the WGT is alive (cannot tell if barely or well) and can be reinstalled if needed?

Thank you again. I had actually thrown out the WGT but retrieved it to check just in case. Whew! I guess the WNR being more up to date should work better but one never knows.

Thanks again, you are a big help. If I had known of this community last week I could have saved a trip to the store, but always good to have a backup router just in case