Old September 26th, 2007, 04:29 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

country_too is on a distinguished road
Question DeviceIO Notification Window

After installing/uninstalling software for WG111v3, at shutdown, my XP Home machine receives one or more of these messages: "END PROGRAM DeviceIO Notification Window." I don't know how to make them go away. Does anyone have any ideas please?
Old September 27th, 2007, 06:26 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

Default Re: DeviceIO Notification Window

This happens after installing and uninstalling a WG111v3.
Old September 27th, 2007, 06:56 AM
NETGEAR Addict

fihart is on a distinguished road

To clarify, the message appears after you have closed (rather than as you say uninstalled, presumably) the Netgear Wizard. Are you also using Windows' task bar icon for removing USB safely. Though there is no necessity to remove the device physically each time, the message may be related to that.
Old September 27th, 2007, 10:47 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

I have completely uninstalled the software. I assume it is the wizzard. And I used the task bar icon to remove the WG111v3. (All this because the internet connection kept dropping). Now, when I shutdown the computer, I get the END PROGRAM messages, but the message only says it is a DeviceIO Notification Window. The software and adapter are no longer on the machine. Could this be a registry problem?
Old September 28th, 2007, 01:54 AM
NETGEAR Addict

fihart is on a distinguished road

If it is a Registry problem, it might be worth running Process Explorer (a free download from the usual shareware sites) to see where the culprit is lodged and edit it out with Windows Regedit. Alternatively have a look at Easy Cleaner or Ccleaner (download as before) which claim to clear orphan entries.
Old September 28th, 2007, 03:13 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Turns out I had multiple problems due to what I am assuming were bad installs of both the Netgear wireless adapter and a HP all-in-one unit. After reinstalling the adapter software, and, after uninstalling the HP software, and then reinstalling it (with my fire wall turned off), all the problems have stopped. I think doing the install with the fire wall active causes some problems. Artifacts remain after the install that are not complete. I had two svchost.exe's running (looping?) at a value of 50 in task manager. Together they were soaking up half of my core two duo. After cleaning up the installs, they went away, as well as the DFeviceIO messages at shutdown. What a mess, eh?