Old October 22nd, 2007, 06:30 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

JeepJunkie2003 is on a distinguished road
Angry WNR834B attatched devices?

LONG story short... everything was running just fine two days ago ... came home from work one day and couldnt navigate anywhere and got this " suddenlink walled garden" thing. I called them and they reset my modem and i got past that page, however now EVERYTHING on the internet is just crawling. I called back after 2 days of messing with everything i knew to mess with and they said they cannot see my computer on the network but they could see the router and that it is my wireless router that is blocking the connections which i thought was a total load ... but after looking into the router a bit i did see that under attatched devices is does say " unknown device" even though im pulling and IP and everything else is good to go. I have checked all the connections i have power cylced everything and still internet is crawling if i can navigate at all. I am using the WNR834b that i have freshly reset to factory settings with the reset button and I am running NO firewalls at all minus the windows XP one and my avast virus scanner and AVG anti-spyware ... any ideas from someone that might know more would be GREATLY appreciate! thanks for your time!
Old October 22nd, 2007, 06:49 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

JeepJunkie2003 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WNR834B attatched devices?

ok quick rebutal the previous paragraph .... now my router is pulling the device name ... and i have disabled the windows firewall ... but the internet is still just crawling =-( any other ideas im totally spent
Old October 25th, 2007, 06:12 AM

jmizoguchi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WNR834B attatched devices?

Moving to RangeMax Next Routers

unknown device does happens to other router. router sometime do not pull correctly. Although it still should work since IP is released to the unit itself

I would make sure you broadband is DSL then it's in "bridge mode" call your ISP on how to do that ..