Old December 2nd, 2007, 11:06 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

hunok99 is on a distinguished road
Default (192.168.1.4) is managing this device

Hello!
I did set my friends (who lives in other state) Wireles router (i think it was WGR614) with remote management. All the options worked fine on his network before I left their home. Now he needs help, I've got his IP and password, but anytime I fill the logon req. it takes me to site saying this:
(192.168.1.4) is managing this device
I did see this message once before at his house, when configuring the router, but didn't pay much of attention to it.
Any suggestion???
Tanks a lot!
Old December 2nd, 2007, 12:44 PM
NETGEAR Addict

fihart is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (192.168.1.4) is managing this device

Yes, this type of message was new on me this week when playing with another cable router, MR814. The IP address presumably refers to the computer to which the router is attached. You may also find that the user interface cannot be reached unless the router is connected to a modem. A bit puzzling if you want to change settings such as channel and encryption when using the device as an access point.
Old December 2nd, 2007, 01:50 PM
Banned

jmizoguchi is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunok99 View Post
Hello!
I did set my friends (who lives in other state) Wireles router (i think it was WGR614) with remote management. All the options worked fine on his network before I left their home. Now he needs help, I've got his IP and password, but anytime I fill the logon req. it takes me to site saying this:
(192.168.1.4) is managing this device
I did see this message once before at his house, when configuring the router, but didn't pay much of attention to it.
Any suggestion???
Tanks a lot!
that typical issue with when you have open up web interface from the LAN and did not log out correctly using left bottom the web interface called "LOG OUT" if you click "X" on right top like rest of the world do then router see as not closed or log out and when next time you try to access web interface from LAN IP other than 192.168.0.4 or from public IP... (public ip:8080) will show error with that.

solution. USE "LOG OUT" at bottom left of the web interface
Old December 2nd, 2007, 03:17 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Thanks, guys, but.....!
That IP address "SipuraSpa(192.168.1.4) is managing this device" is a ATA (analog telephone adapter), so I have no clue how to "log out" this device.
I called Netgear tech support, they advised me to disconnect the router from power fro 30 sec., but I'm afraid as soon as I restart, the pc or one of the connected ATAs will take over again.
So I have to wait until the other end can do the power down deal and see . I'll keep you updated.
Thanx again!
Old December 2nd, 2007, 03:38 PM
Banned

I did for get to say to reboot the router..

You know why your voip unit is sits on 192.168.1.4 right? because of DHCP server from the router assign the IP as automatic. Previous PC has that IP the one last accessed the unit.

reboot when happen again but then remember the instruction I said. if you don't follow you ALWAYs have problem
Old December 2nd, 2007, 04:08 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Default Re: (192.168.1.4) is managing this device-solved

Thanks guys, friend rebooted the router and that solved the issue. I'm able to access both, Router and SPA remotely.
Thanx a lot!
ps.
I'll hope it'll stay like that
Old December 2nd, 2007, 04:15 PM
Banned

Default Re: (192.168.1.4) is managing this device-solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunok99 View Post
Thanks guys, friend rebooted the router and that solved the issue. I'm able to access both, Router and SPA remotely.
Thanx a lot!
ps.
I'll hope it'll stay like that
sounds good.. it will stay like if you logout correctly.. simple one thing you need to do..