Go Back   NETGEAR Forums > Home Products > Storage, Entertainment, Print Servers & VOIP Devices > Print Servers

Old January 7th, 2007, 02:22 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

radiodave is on a distinguished road
Default PS110 reset button?

The Reference Manual for the PS100 Series Print Server says to use the reset button to reset the server to factory defaults or to use the connected printer to print the current IP address. But there is no reset button shown in the manual for the PS110 nor do I see one on the unit itself. Only the PS111W appears to have a "paperclip" reset button.

Where is the reset button? If there is no button, how do I reset the PS110? How do I find out its current IP address?
Old January 8th, 2007, 02:14 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

Frank is on a distinguished road
Default Re: PS110 reset button?

You are correct in saying that there is no reset button on the PS110.
To reset the IP on the unit, use the IP setup utility which is located on the cd that comes with the print server. (Or download it from http://kbserver.netgear.com/release_notes/d100253.asp )

Install the software and run the program calle "IPSetup". It will prompt you for an IP, subnet, default gateway (I think) and the device ID. The device ID is the PSxxxxxx number written on the label on the back of the print server. When you click apply/ok, it should give you a success message and you should be ok to log into the print server using the admin software.
If setting the IP fails, disable any software firewalls running on the computer (including the Windows XP firewall) or try another computer.
Old April 10th, 2008, 12:14 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

JustinHooper is on a distinguished road

I don't think that works unless the PS110's current IP is on the same subnet as your PC... and if you don't know what the address is, you can't set your PC's IP to a similar and use a X-over, or change your subnet on your router... I havn't figured out how to reset it.

The IP tool specifically says "IP is the same as the PC subnet"
Old April 10th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Advanced NETGEAR Expert

Orbital is on a distinguished road

For the software to work you should have NETBIOS/NetBEUI installed even if it is configured on the wrong subnet you should still be able to see it, and make changes to the IP configuration, when using NetBEUI.

After configuring it you can just use TCP/IP and connect to the web interface of the device.
Old December 18th, 2008, 02:16 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

gladtobegrey is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Re: PS110 reset button?

I have the same problem. I have installed NETBIOS/NETBEUI, linked the PS110 to my laptop with a Crossover cable, but I still cannot see the PS110. Neither can Wireshark detect any activity, despite all the lights on the PS110 being lit. The Netgear IP Setup utility cannot see the PS110, neither can the Server Setup.

The laptop network port is working fine, as I can connect with a straight-through cable to my modem/router, and Wireshark can see the activity.

What am I missing, to be able to see the PS110 and rest it's IP to something compatible with my subnet?
Old December 18th, 2008, 02:44 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

gladtobegrey is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Re: PS110 reset button?

I have the same problem. I have installed NETBIOS/NETBEUI, linked the PS110 to my laptop with a Crossover cable, but I still cannot see the PS110. Neither can Wireshark detect any activity, despite all the lights on the PS110 being lit. The Netgear IP Setup utility cannot see the PS110, neither can the Server Setup.

The laptop network port is working fine, as I can connect with a straight-through cable to my modem/router, and Wireshark can see the activity.

What am I missing, to be able to see the PS110 and rest it's IP to something compatible with my subnet?