Old May 1st, 2008, 06:09 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

miuser is on a distinguished road
Default How to configure WNDR3300 as a repeater?

Recnetly I bought a WNDR3300. It mentions it could be configured "Configurable as a wireless repeater for extending dual band range". But there is no documenation how to do this?
I looked in the forum, I did not come across any details. I would like some document "exactly how to set up"?
Please do not mention any diagrams or links explaining how the repeater work.

What I am looking for is all the steps how to enable the WNDR3300 to work as as a repeater with another "wireless" router"?

Thanks in advance!!!!
Old May 5th, 2008, 09:56 AM
NETGEAR Addict

GLaDOS is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How to configure WNDR3300 as a repeater?

Quote:
Does WNDR3300 support wireless repeating?
No, WNDR3300 doesn’t support wireless repeating at this moment.
From: http://kbserver.netgear.com/kb_web_files/n101734.asp

"Stop squirming and die like an adult, or I'm going to delete your backup. STOP! Okay, enough, I deleted it. No matter what happens now, you're dead. You're still shuffling around a little, but believe me, you're dead. The part of you that could have survived indefinitely is gone. I just struck you from the permanent record."
Old May 5th, 2008, 02:52 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Thanks for your reply.

It says in the box under the features. It is the second line in the features. Please check WNDR3300 in the bestbuy and I bought it from BB. The box says very clearly that "Configurable as a repeater".. I checked the data sheets before I bought it. This link may be pointing to a different data sheet/details.

It is at the bottom of the data sheet(page 2), it says the version of the datasheet as "D-WNDR3300-2 and the datasheet I have says the version is "D-WNDR3300-0".

Confirm in the BestBuy. I bought it in MI.

I have a copy of the datasheet downloaded from the netgear website.

I sent a mail (yesterday) to netgear Support asking for the documentation or step by step configuration details. Anxiously waiting for the reply.
Old May 6th, 2008, 03:53 PM
NETGEAR Addict

Thats directly from the support page. It doesn't do it at this time.

"Stop squirming and die like an adult, or I'm going to delete your backup. STOP! Okay, enough, I deleted it. No matter what happens now, you're dead. You're still shuffling around a little, but believe me, you're dead. The part of you that could have survived indefinitely is gone. I just struck you from the permanent record."
Old May 6th, 2008, 05:53 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

I am sorry to say. I also downloaded the datasheet from the support page. when I downloaded it was there on the features of the datasheet.
Thanks for your resposne.
Old May 9th, 2008, 08:10 AM
NETGEAR Addict

Interesting, I don't know what to tell you. But it doesn't work.

Old May 9th, 2008, 08:40 AM
NETGEAR User

My2Cent$ is on a distinguished road

The WNDR3300 does not currently support the WDS feature, however, it may or will be able to support WDS/Repeating feature in the future. Since this is a new router that uses dual band (5Ghz & 2.4Ghz), I am sure there need to be some type of testing that must take place before Netgear can allow repeating and WDS to be available. Can you imagine the trouble someone could get into if they have a 2.4Ghz router and trying to repeat using 5Ghz or vice versa...the nightmares!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miuser View Post
I am sorry to say. I also downloaded the datasheet from the support page. when I downloaded it was there on the features of the datasheet.
Thanks for your resposne.
Old May 13th, 2008, 10:07 AM
NETGEAR Addict

I found the link to the PDF that you are in question of:
http://www.pressebox.de/attachment/8...00_09nov07.pdf

Clearly this is an old pre-release publication. This information is not to be trusted completely. If you have also a box that states this, you have a pre-release demo product, You Should Take it back to the place of purchase, as these units are not for sale. You will not be able to get support on not for sale demos, and you will also have no warranty.

Old May 13th, 2008, 03:39 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

I bought this WNDR3300 very recently from BestBuyand it says on the box also as a repeater. I think even today in Bestbuy in michigan, we can buy the same version routers.

mmm.. It says it has the warranty.***

It is more tha just a month now. So I can not return it.

Hope Netgear takes it and gives me a 5 Ghz repeater.
I can wait.

But contact where & whom? (if they have any 5 Ghz repeater as of now.?)
Old May 13th, 2008, 03:46 PM
NETGEAR Addict

Best buy also did the same thing with another of netgears products... completely a "beta" (tester) unit, that was in no way meant for end users. And they sold it for end users... It had all the regular packaging, but it was "custom" modified by netgear engineers before shipping to the beta testers, and then the beta tester stores sold them.
You need to take it back to the store, and get them to take it back, 10$ says netgear won't support it.
No there are no 5ghz repeaters.