Go Back   NETGEAR Forums > Home Products > Wireless Networking Products for SOHO applications > Wireless Router & Modem Gateways > 802.11b/g/n Routers > All 802.11 b/g/n Routers

Old July 16th, 2008, 06:50 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Takukun is on a distinguished road
Unhappy World Of Warcraft Port Forwaring

Hi. About a week ago I installed a Netgear WNR2000 Router and since then I've had alot of lag and latency issues. I'm pretty sure I forwarded the appropriate ports, and I also changed my NAT to open, but I still have the same problems. I'm quite sue my computer meets the recommended requirements for the game. Help would be appreciated.

-Taku
Old July 17th, 2008, 02:09 AM
NETGEAR Expert

alre90210 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: World Of Warcraft Port Forwaring

Port forwarding, opening/disabling NAT or whatever you did is not necessary for WOW. You only have to create a rule to allow outgoing traffic on port 3724 for both TCP and UDP. If you allow "any LAN to any WAN" you can run WOW on every PC on your network. If you allow "single PC to any WAN" only that machine can run WOW.

If you experience lags or high pings and these disappear if you connect directly to the modem you have to search your network for other reasons. Maybe another machine uses a torrent client and produces a lot of incoming and outgoing traffic or someone else surfs the internet or machines download software updates (windows automatic update for instance) or...

Sincerely...
Old July 17th, 2008, 02:24 AM
NETGEAR Expert

alre90210 is on a distinguished road

Just have checked the manual for that router: After you have added the rule for WOW to the firewall table connect your PC directly with a cable to the router.

If you still experience lags and high pings when directly connected, secure your wireless network to prevent unauthorized use of your network and try again.

If the problem persist check with your provider to see if there's some problem with your connection and check the wow support forums to see if there's some problem with the connection of your provider and blizzards.

Sincerely...
Old July 17th, 2008, 11:02 AM
NETGEAR Fanatic

jmizoguchi is on a distinguished road

WRONG AREA

moving to RangeMax Next Routers
*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

Most Other Useful Docs -"General Technical Documentation", "Router Reset", "Router Setup", "Print Server Tips", "Remote Admin"
"Wireless Tips"

Forum Policy

June Mizoguchi-i....@vpncasestudy.com