Old July 27th, 2008, 07:55 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

LORA is on a distinguished road
Default Trouble using WNDR3300 and WN111

I installed the WNDR3300 no problem to my desktop, then got the WN111 for a laptop (Gateway running XP, SP2)- had a horrible time with that installation- finally got it to work, but it only will pull in the 2.4 signal at 54 mbps. What the heck am I doing wrong? The desktop is running at 100mbps strength, so I know the capability is there- how do I make the magic? Thanks.
Old July 28th, 2008, 01:14 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

Unifex is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Trouble using WNDR3300 and WN111

I had some similar issues with my WNDR3300 and a different netgear USB adapter. Try updating the firmware on the router (you may have to follow the instructions for the manual update of firmware, ie, download it from netgear website to a PC then upload it to the router, as on mine, the auto update says there is no new firmware), and get the latest drivers from netgear for the USB adapter.

It worked for me...
Old July 31st, 2008, 11:03 PM
NETGEAR User

cyclone is on a distinguished road

The WNDR3300 router by default is setup as 5GHz 270Mbps mode + 2.4GHz 54Mbps mode. If you are using the default setting and connect using WN111, you will connect as 2.4GHz 54Mbps mode. Try to login to router and choose the wireless setting from default mode to 2.4GHz 270 mode, then you should connect your WN111 as 270Mbps.
Old August 17th, 2008, 10:47 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

LORA is on a distinguished road

Thank you both. I followed your advice and FINALLY am able to connect at 270. Netgear offers possibly some of the most user-unfriendly links I have ever encountered. Thank goodness for your input- that adapter was about to become landfill.
Old August 17th, 2008, 01:02 PM
Banned

jmizoguchi is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORA View Post
Thank you both. I followed your advice and FINALLY am able to connect at 270. Netgear offers possibly some of the most user-unfriendly links I have ever encountered. Thank goodness for your input- that adapter was about to become landfill.
there is one you should know.. knowing your equipment is most important as well. Compare to other devices on home appliances , networking is not always made for someone never setup or knowledge of the networking.