Old August 3rd, 2008, 06:56 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

jayofdoom is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (German) HowTo on setting up WGT624 as client/repeater/bridge

I'm trying to get this to work on a WPN824v2.

AP information
Model: Westell 7500 ( http://www.westell.com/index.php?opt...ection=support )
SSID: 917D4
Encryption: off
No MAC filtering
Net: 10.11.11.0/24

Bridge information
Model: Netgear WPN824v2 (running 2.0.10 firmware, per other posts in this thread)
SSID: 917D4
Encryption: off

I can get into the telnet CLI, no problem, and I've tried the following combinations of setups with no success; in fact, there's no evidence at all on my Westell 7500 that the WPN824 is even trying to connect to the wireless.

In all the below combinations, remoteAP and remoteWBR are set to the AP's MAC addy, and I've disabled all advanced settings on my router (like extended range and superg)

Combo 1:
Client mode
WDS off
LAN ip: 10.11.12.1
DHCP server on

Combo 2:
Bridge mode
WDS off
DHCP server on

Combo 3:
Client mode
WDS on
DHCP server on

Combo 4:
Bridge mode
WDS on
DHCP server on

Combo 5:
Client mode
WDS off
LAN ip: 10.11.11.200 (10.11.11.0/24 == westell LAN)
DHCP server off

Combo 6:
Bridge mode
WDS on
LAN ip: 10.11.11.200
DHCP server off

In all these combos, there's no indication that it's working at all; the wireless light blinks and blinks and never really connects.

Any ideas? I'd love to even hear a few suggestions as to troubleshoot it.
Old August 19th, 2008, 05:08 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

nhsice is on a distinguished road

hello everyone and admins, I just joined this forum yesterday and I just want to say wasssssssssssssuppp to everyone. First, I would like to thanks all the admins, programmer, and all the scripter for creating and helping other with their spare router into a wireless repeater, bridge, client mode so they don't have to spend extra when they don't have to. Second, I have a question and wil you all can answer it. My question is that I am trying to clent my wgt624v3 with my dlink-625 wireless router but my dlink never sees the wgt624 as a client or a Bridger. I think it is important, because in on of the replies someone had quoted. It is important that ur wireless Ap sees ur brdiger or repeater. right now it seem like my wireless Ap inst seeing my brdiger or repeater and I have followed all the procedures correctly and the telnet went successfully. Someone please help me out, did I missed something?
Old August 20th, 2008, 08:53 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

aaluis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven_Storm View Post

And just so all of you know WGR614v7 can also be activated as a client/repeater/bridge in the same way as described by BeatJunkie (not sure about v8 & v9 though).

Is it possible or not?? can the WGR614 be used as a client/repeater/bridge

any comments will be gratly appreciated.
Old September 19th, 2008, 08:05 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

hwan is on a distinguished road

Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone's had success setting a WGT624 up as a wireless bridge to a D-link DGL-4300 router. I spent the last few days trying to do that without any luck. Here's what I've tried:

- Followed BeakJunkie's guide and used "set oper wbr" with WDS enabled and disabled.
- The above with and without adding a remotewbr AP'sMAC
- When I set the WGT to repeater mode, the test light keeps flashing briefly.

No matter what I tried, the WLAN light on the WGT keeps flashing kind of slowly and there's no connectivity from the WGT to the DGL. I even turned off WEP and SuperG on both the AP and the WGT but that didn't help. I also tried with WDS turned on and off on both. I'm running out of things to try here. Any idea what I should do next?

Thanks in advance.
Old October 5th, 2008, 12:19 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

rushpage is on a distinguished road

Hey,

I must be messing something up here.

With your program to automatically do this, the first page says "ENTER ROUTER'S IP" and "ENTER ROUTER'S MAC" for the Mac address. Now, by "router" here, do you mean the Netgear or my Verizon FIOS router?

Also, on the second page, it requests a second MAC address. Is THIS Mac address from my Verizon router or the Netgear?

Lastly, I would presume I'm supposed to have the Netgear hooked up to the computer I'm running your Config. Wizard on. Do I need to have my Verizon one hooked up to that same computer as well? And if so, at the same time?

So confused. . .

Old October 8th, 2008, 07:41 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

*bump*

Anyone?
Old October 9th, 2008, 12:22 AM
NETGEAR Fanatic

Mars Mug is on a distinguished road

If you want information from the person who created this thread then use the PM system, that’s your best chance, the ‘Bump’ is against the forum rules.

My name is Andy.
Old October 9th, 2008, 11:45 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars Mug View Post
If you want information from the person who created this thread then use the PM system, that’s your best chance, the ‘Bump’ is against the forum rules.
Oops, sorry.

PM sent.

Thx.
Old October 9th, 2008, 12:01 PM
NETGEAR Fanatic

Mars Mug is on a distinguished road

No problem, it's an old thread that pops up a lot, but I can't be sure if the original poster visits often.

My name is Andy.
Old October 21st, 2008, 09:22 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

liljay2k is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushpage View Post
Hey,

I must be messing something up here.

With your program to automatically do this, the first page says "ENTER ROUTER'S IP" and "ENTER ROUTER'S MAC" for the Mac address. Now, by "router" here, do you mean the Netgear or my Verizon FIOS router?

Also, on the second page, it requests a second MAC address. Is THIS Mac address from my Verizon router or the Netgear?

Lastly, I would presume I'm supposed to have the Netgear hooked up to the computer I'm running your Config. Wizard on. Do I need to have my Verizon one hooked up to that same computer as well? And if so, at the same time?

So confused. . .

Rushpage, first make sure you have the latest firmware on your netgear router, these work:

wgt624v3_wgt624sc_2_0_10_na from:
http://www.opendrivers.com/driver/23...-download.html

the latest firmware: wgt624v3_2_0_26_1_0_1_na_only,

Startup the WGT624 Config Wizard and go strait to "I know what i'm doing, get me instantaly to expert window."

Top left-WGT624IP: that is going to be your netgear router ip. The netgear router is going to be the wireless client.

WGT624 MAC: that is going to be your netgears mac, if you login to your routers admin page (http://www.routerlogin.com), you will see this address as "LAN Port MAC Address" on the router status page. or you can click on "Lookup" and it should pull the correct mac address if the IP address above it is correct.

Top right-Path to telnetEnable.exe: make sure you click ... and locate the telnetEnable file that you will need.

Using the Available commands, make the right hand side say this:
------------------------
>wla
>set remoteAp [MAC] (Access Point router mac address)
>add remoteWbr [MAC] (Access Point router mac address)
>set oper sta
>set wds disable
>..
>save
>reboot
------------------------
(Access Point router mac address) is any wireless router in the area, your fios wireless router for example.

once that is all entered, hit "Execute" on the top left. Wait for confirmation, then click play. wait for confirmation again. once this is all complete, close all these screens, unplug the router for 15 seconds. after you plug your computer into one of the lan ports, not the wan port, then you should be good to go as a wireless client.