Old September 7th, 2008, 02:33 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

KaranSood1 is on a distinguished road
Wink WGR614v9 Default User and Password not working!

Hello. As part of a virgin media broadband deal we were supplied with a Netgear WGR614v9 router. It has worked fine however, recently I have been wanting to go on wifi on my Nintendo DS and this requires me to change from a WPA to a WEP security setting. This is all well but when trying to access the website to configure my settings - http://www.routerlogin.net (which is shown on the back of my router), I am asked to give a username and password. This information is also on the back of my router and they are virgin and password (respectively). Unfortunately they are apparently incorrect and after a few tries, I get a message saying that my client has not supplied the correct authentication.

Usernames tried: admin, virgin
Passwords tried: Password, 1234

Why is it that I cannot access my routers settings? I have also tried the IP of my default gateway which is 192.168.1.1 in the address bar.

I have searched on many forums for an answer, however peoples answers to questions are detailed but incorrect to the situation. This is the first time I am posting a thread and I hope that one of you can please post a helpful answer to resolve my issue
Old September 7th, 2008, 02:47 AM
NETGEAR Fanatic

Mars Mug is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WGR614v9 Default User and Password not working!

Try user = 'virgin' and password = 'password'.

My name is Andy.
Old September 7th, 2008, 02:50 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

KaranSood1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars Mug View Post
Try user = 'virgin' and password = 'password'.
You obviously did not take the time to read my thread Mars. I have specifically said that I looked on the bottom of the router and it said username: virgin and password: password and I tried them.
Old September 7th, 2008, 03:14 AM
NETGEAR Fanatic

Mars Mug is on a distinguished road

Not wishing to be pedantic, but it matters in this case, your original post said 'Password' and not 'password'.

If you have run out ideas for defaults, then maybe the password has been changed, and your only remaining option is to factory reset the thing and try the defaults again.

My name is Andy.
Old September 7th, 2008, 05:57 AM
Banned

jmizoguchi is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaranSood1 View Post
You obviously did not take the time to read my thread Mars. I have specifically said that I looked on the bottom of the router and it said username: virgin and password: password and I tried them.
Quote:
Try user = 'virgin' and password = 'password'. is correct by "marsmug" based on what you post.

before you get against someone who is helping you where you typed with upper case on "P". Apparently you are blaming someone with attitude. There is no need of behaving.

upper , lower cause are sensitive on password. you should double check when you type and post.

if this is virgin provided unit,and virgin/password is not work and even regular model with admin/password don't work then

"HARD RESET" the unit. (see "Router reset" on my sig below. step1)
Old February 13th, 2011, 05:50 PM

pagan001 is on a distinguished road

I'm in the same boat. I cant log on to my router. I have hard reset the router, but cant log on. The default is LOGIN:virgin PASSWORDassword. that does not work. like my friend before me, I have reset the router, and I have logged in before, now it doesn't work. I have tried the alternatives, i.e. admin/1234, and combinations. I need help as I'm sure some one is piggybacking my wireless.
Old February 13th, 2011, 05:59 PM
Banned

If you reset the router wireless no logger works until you setup so unless you have not reset correctly ..
Old May 18th, 2011, 12:22 PM

girishmuraly is on a distinguished road

For me, the password is written on the Netgear modem itself. Take a look at all sides of it.

For me it was admin/changeme
Old May 28th, 2011, 11:55 AM

filsaimel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaranSood1 View Post
Hello. As part of a virgin media broadband deal we were supplied with a Netgear WGR614v9 router. It has worked fine however, recently I have been wanting to go on wifi on my Nintendo DS and this requires me to change from a WPA to a WEP security setting. This is all well but when trying to access the website to configure my settings - http://www.routerlogin.net (which is shown on the back of my router), I am asked to give a username and password. This information is also on the back of my router and they are virgin and password (respectively). Unfortunately they are apparently incorrect and after a few tries, I get a message saying that my client has not supplied the correct authentication.

Why is it that I cannot access my routers settings? I have also tried the IP of my default gateway which is 192.168.1.1 in the address bar.

I have searched on many forums for an answer, however peoples answers to questions are detailed but incorrect to the situation. This is the first time I am posting a thread and I hope that one of you can please post a helpful answer to resolve my issue
I have the identical password issue with an iPhone4 that cannot connect to my WiFi without a password. "Password" and "1234" did not work to access my router. I was able to upgrade the software from 1.0 to 1.2 without a password. I then went into "Set Password" using "password" as the old and created a new password. After logging completely out of Netgear and I am now able to get in with my new password: I am writing it down and taping it under the router!!

Anyway, my problem is still not resolved because my iPhone will connect via Wi-Fi and the new password I created is not working on the iPhone. Do I need to add my cell phone number somewhere in the settings, etc. If so can someone please tell me how to add my iPhone to my Wi-Fi Network. I would need "detailed" on the how to. Thanks.
Old May 28th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Banned

Reset the router and setup the router and see