Go Back   NETGEAR Forums > Home Products > Wireless Networking Products for SOHO applications > Wireless Adapters > RangeMax Adapters

Old October 24th, 2008, 02:26 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

acistephanie is on a distinguished road
Question Netgear Icon wont open...

Ok ..

I've had the adapter working before at my office building. But I recently moved the computer with the wireless adapter to my home. I didn't move the router and modem since I already have those 2 plugged in and running at home.

I did however try to connect a network cable from this computer to another one (one that is not hooked up to the internet). Not sure if that would affect how the computer reads whats going on with the network card or not.

So the problem is that now I don't have my little green netgear icon on the start menu. I can't connect to the internet. I do have a dial up icon on my start bar that says a network cable is unplugged, but I think that was always there anyway since I don't connect through dial up.

I found the smart start wizard for netgear in my Program Files folder but when I click that Icon nothing happens. I get an hourglass for a sec but no program opens and no icon in my bar.

I can't find the software to reinstall.. also I remember having to unplug the wireless adapter card to install it, So I'm not looking forward to tearing apart the pc and reinstalling the software anyway. LOL.

Any Ideas what's going on? All I did was move the computer to a different location (and network).

Stephanie

Last edited by jmizoguchi; October 24th, 2008 at 07:06 PM.
Old October 24th, 2008, 07:08 PM
NETGEAR Fanatic

jmizoguchi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Netgear Icon wont open...

Quote:
I can't find the software to reinstall.. also I remember having to unplug the wireless adapter card to install it, So I'm not looking forward to tearing apart the pc and reinstalling the software anyway. LOL.
start>control panel>add/remove program
*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

Most Other Useful Docs -"General Technical Documentation", "Router Reset", "Router Setup", "Print Server Tips", "Remote Admin"
"Wireless Tips"

Forum Policy

June Mizoguchi-i....@vpncasestudy.com
Old October 26th, 2008, 10:44 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

acistephanie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Netgear Icon wont open...

Yes I know how to uninstall the program. That however doesn't help if I can't find the software to reinstall it with. And I don't want to take the screws off the pc. Open it up. Fumble with getting the card out and unplugged. Reinstalling the software.. and then putting the computer back toghether. was what I was saying.

The card was working fine and now I can't get the icon to open up. Any other ideas ...other than removing the program?

Stephanie