Old November 11th, 2008, 03:29 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

stormswift is on a distinguished road
Default WNR834B not working

I had a d-link router for the 2 pc's in home but when I aquired a laptop for my daughters school work needed to replace with one that had wireless capabillities. I in the end purchased the above wnr834b. This has been a wonderful tool conecting all to the internet whilst allowing me cut of my daughters access at a reasonable time. Stop those all night chats

Yesterday it stopped working It stopped about 11:30pm which if memory serves was when I prog'd the laptop to lose connection. IThought that perhaps I had inadvertantly blocked all pc's as I don't usually go online that late, shifts. I have come to try this morning and still no joy. I put my old d-link on and can connect no trouble at all. I have had this netgear for I think over a year with no problems at all. So any ideas on getting it up and running again would be great, but please bear in mind that I'm not to techy savvy

Many thx
Old November 11th, 2008, 03:38 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

stormswift is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WNR834B not working

Sorry missed of this, The power light is solid green as is ports 3 &4 the two I have connected to the pc's. The wireless light is solid blue and the "i" is orange and slowly flashes. If thats any help
Old November 11th, 2008, 07:03 AM

jmizoguchi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WNR834B not working

Quote:
This has been a wonderful tool conecting all to the internet whilst allowing me cut of my daughters access at a reasonable time. Stop those all night chats

Yesterday it stopped working It stopped about 11:30pm which if memory serves was when I prog'd the laptop to lose connection. IThought that perhaps I had inadvertantly blocked all pc's as I don't usually go online that late, shifts. I have come to try this morning and still no joy.
you are not defining what you did to block it.

router setting or pc side?