Old November 20th, 2008, 03:53 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

davidoff is on a distinguished road
Default Open port in router to redirect incoming traffic

Ive made my own ventriloserver, but no one can connect to it so i opened port 3784 in my router setup, still not working. So i asked arouned on forums and got the answer that i have to redirect the port so ppl can connect to my ip. Only port i can open gotta have same ip adress as my LAN ip adress so only people connected to my network at home can get acces to hit, how do i open a port so anyone can connect to it?
Old November 20th, 2008, 06:17 AM
Banned

jmizoguchi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Open port in router to redirect incoming traffic

see "Router setup" on my sig. if broadband and router is not setup right, it will NOT work

also always post model
Old November 20th, 2008, 08:12 AM
NETGEAR Fanatic

fordem is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Open port in router to redirect incoming traffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidoff View Post
Ive made my own ventriloserver, but no one can connect to it so i opened port 3784 in my router setup, still not working. So i asked arouned on forums and got the answer that i have to redirect the port so ppl can connect to my ip. Only port i can open gotta have same ip adress as my LAN ip adress so only people connected to my network at home can get acces to hit, how do i open a port so anyone can connect to it?
Please read what you have posted and see if it makes sense to you - maybe have someone close by do the same.

Quote:
Only port i can open gotta have same ip adress as my LAN ip adress so only people connected to my network at home can get acces to hit, how do i open a port so anyone can connect to it?
If you want only people connected to your network at home to get access to a server on the same network, you probably don't need to open any ports on the router/firewall