View Poll Results: How often do you reboot your router to regain network or Internet connection?
Once a week 1 16.67%
2 or more times a week 2 33.33%
Once a month 0 0%
2 or more times a month 1 16.67%
Never have to reboot 2 33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old February 5th, 2007, 04:16 PM
NETGEAR User

My2Cent$ is on a distinguished road
Default Do you reboot your router to regain Internet connection?

In our effort for continuous improvement, NETGEAR is conducting a quick poll to learn more about the common issues that our customers are experiencing with some of the specific NETGEAR Home Wireless Routers. Please join us by taking a quick vote in this poll if you are using one (or more) of the routers listed below and are currently experiencing any of the symptoms listed below:

Routers:
Wireless-G: WGR614v6, WGR614v7
Super-G: WGT624v3
RangeMax: WPN824v2
N-Draft: WNR834B, WNR854T

Symptoms:
1) Intermittent loss of the Internet connection on a wired or wireless connected PC

2) Unable to obtain or renew WAN IP address from the ISP

3) Intermittent loss of LAN side connection, using wired or wireless connected PC

4) Router becomes unresponsive or locks

If you are currently experiencing any of the symptoms above and frequently need to reboot your router to regain access to the Internet, you may want to participate in a more in-depth study. You will join a select list of other NETGEAR users who will participate in this field study. Preference will be given to San Francisco Bay Area users. We may open this to a wider geographical location in the future.

If you would like to participate in this NETGEAR initiative, please complete the participation form by clicking on link below. You will be contacted by a NETGEAR representative for additional details and instructions.

I would like to be contacted by NETGEAR.

Please note that this is voluntary. Due to an expected high number of responses, we will only be able to select the first 20 or so users from each product to join into this field study. Hurry, this is a first come first served basis project.
Old February 5th, 2007, 05:38 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

wolfpack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Do you reboot your router to regain Internet connection?

After 30 mins to hour of internet usage i have to reboot the router?

Any suggestions with that?

WRN834B
Old February 11th, 2007, 05:20 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

JoeFortSmith is on a distinguished road

For some reason the problem has lessened for a few days, except for today. What I found that worked until right this moment was turning the power off my DSL modem for 5 minutes. When turned back on and booted up the computers on my network would come back online. For some reason this afternoon I'm getting 10 minutes worth of wireless before it goes away. The wired computers on my network never drop, so this is a wireless problem. And living with 4 females....it's 100% my fault and my rear end that gets chewed. At least the Netgear wireless N works....I bought a Linksys the first time around and never got it to work at all. All this to get World of War Craft upstairs to my daughter's computer. My 5 year old Linksys router worked like a charm but wouldn't reach that far or go fast enough for World of War Craft. Hope they work the bugs out of N as soon as they can.
Old February 14th, 2007, 03:48 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

John_VW is on a distinguished road

I reboot my DG834PN once or twice a day to regain wireless connection.
John
Old February 24th, 2007, 09:22 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

momatic is on a distinguished road

I have to reboot every 10 minutes because when i login, internet explorer/mozilefirefox only works for like 10 minutes then it shuts off,
Old February 28th, 2007, 01:20 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

Huff is on a distinguished road

I found that changing the transmitting channel and zoning in on a reputable channel by trial and error has lessened the need to reboot the router. I went from rebooting a few times a day to having to reboot only once in a matter of 4 weeks.
Old February 28th, 2007, 02:32 PM
NETGEAR Newbie

GinaPA is on a distinguished road

I generally have to reboot the router one or two times a week. It normally only happens when my cable ISP changes the IP number. I would LOVE to know if there is any way to solve this problem.......Gina
Old March 3rd, 2007, 11:32 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

Martin12 is on a distinguished road

Around once every two days. My WPN824v1 is very touchy. Here are a % of when the problem occurs
Browsing Internet 10%
Downloading Files 25%
Online Gaming 30%
P2P Usage 40%
Old March 17th, 2007, 04:38 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

robban74 is on a distinguished road

I have a new WNR854T, well I had one that Netgear replace with your listed symtoms. However 2 of the 4 ports died so they replaced that one.
The new one, that came a few days ago now have the symptoms you listed... AGAIN. Hade some problem when installing but got past that, last night tho it stoped responding even to PING rebooted it and OK. Then when i woke up just now it hade stoped responding again. I rebooted it and its working again. Not very good. Any Idea?

Firmware Version 1.4.09.
Wireless is disabled right now.
Serial #: IJU971LD00013

Regards
Robert Eriksson
Old March 18th, 2007, 03:12 AM
NETGEAR Newbie

Rulin is on a distinguished road

I have to reboot my DG834PN several times a day to reconnect it to the Internet.

Rulin
Closed Thread